(Closed) 4 days engaged, he's calling it off over a Facebook fight?

posted 5 years ago in Engagement
Post # 31
2450 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
msfrost89 :  Proving age is just a number. I don’t think either of you are ready for marriage yet.

Post # 32
918 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2017

View original reply
msfrost89 :  yeah, I think it sounds a bit immature. 

And also, I think the following and liking girls’ posts on facebook is verrrrry immature and IMO, bad for a relationship and it just causes issues. Its very disrespectful to you, and if he’s engaged to you he should not be interacting with other random girls like that online. Especially when you tell him how you feel about it.

Post # 33
924 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2018

what the actual fuck?

I will never understand why people put so much value in facebook. If your relationship can be derailed because ofonline behaviour then no, you’re not ready to get married

Also, red flag: 36 year old man who is weirdly into facebook and friends women like it’s a dating app. 

This post cant be real… and if it is I am seriously concerned about the future of our species

Post # 34
721 posts
Busy bee

Some people take social media way to seriously for me! Either way, sounds like it wasn’t meant to be with this man, and you will miss him, but I think you just doged a bullet.

Focus on good things, I’ve been through a few break ups myself, it’s so hard, but laughing and keeping busy helps! It will be ok 🙂

Post # 35
4464 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

Damn. I was going to say that you two should focus on graduating high school first, but you’re 36 and 26?!

Both of you are way too immature to get married or have an adult relationship.

Post # 37
2740 posts
Sugar bee

Girl, you my not beieve this now, but beieve me;  dude did you HUGE favor.

Post # 38
1640 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

View original reply
ct2015 :  I do hope you mean you think it is creepy when guys are into Facebook the way OP’s (ex)FI is, using it as a platform to ogle attractive women near him… Because there is nothing wrong with men who use FB in an appropriate manner. Probably half of my FB friends are men of all ages, and there is nothing wrong or weird about their usage. If you meant it is weird to use it the way her Fiance does, please disregard this message, but if you mean any and all men, yeah, it is completely sexist to say men are creepy for using a popular social media site just because they are men.

OP- It may be hard to see it right now while emotions are so high, but it sounds like this is a blessing in disguise. He hasn’t acted like he respects you or the seriousness of your engagement and it does sound like he is very immature, especially considering his age. Some people never grow up. Don’t add him back on Facebook and I would avoid communicating with him completely!

Post # 39
121 posts
Blushing bee

I can’t believe this is a real situation. 

Post # 40
2633 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
msfrost89 :  you are both too immature to be engaged. This is the kind of thing you do when youre like 17. Facts: He friended 300 girls on FB. You deleted your Fiance off Facebook. He ended an engagement less than a week after proposing. Pretty sure that should be all you need to know that this is a bad idea.

Post # 41
1149 posts
Bumble bee

He sounds very manipulative, and like he called off the wedding because he got “caught” and he’s trying to punish you by blaming you. Honestly he did you a favor calling this off. I dealt with a relationship like this and it’ll only escalate. Good luck and let us know what happens. 

Post # 42
318 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2018- Stan Hywet Gardens

I agree with PP

Post # 43
7867 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 1997

Sounds like you knew this was an issue well before being engaged. It should have been resolved before you accepted a proposal. That said, I can’t believe anyone takes FB so seriously.

Post # 44
3848 posts
Honey bee

A 36 year old man whoring it up on facebook… That’s beyond creepy, and his reaction is probably so over the top, because he knows he’s being a dirtbag. And yes, making social media such a large part of your relationship is immature, but it doesn’t matter cause he gross. You have time to grow and mature, but he should already be there. Put your running shoes on!

Post # 45
267 posts
Helper bee

Step 1: Delete your fb accounts. Both of you.

The topic ‘4 days engaged, he's calling it off over a Facebook fight?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors