(Closed) 4 days – im turning into an emotional time bomb

posted 5 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
2250 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Well, it sounds like they are being VERY irritating, so no doubt you are feeling this way! Does your family take advantage of you on a regular basis? Because it sure seems like they are now.

Post # 4
903 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@jen 42713:  Deep breaths! I remember this time, it is very stressful. Just try not to let other people bother you and enjoy the day. FWIW, though, all of those things are really irritating, so your feelings are totally rational. I mean, how the hell do you take someone out for lunch and then “forget” your credit card? Seriously?

Post # 7
8648 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

@jen 42713:  

why do you have to pay for dinner for people on thursday?

Post # 9
2250 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@jen 42713:  Ugh, that’s terrible!! Your feelings are very justified. If they make fun of you for being cheap, it’s got to be hard to explain to them that you can’t afford all of these extra expenses (like feeding them and clothing them… who is the parent here?!) and have them take you seriously. I’m sorry I have no real advice. I have a bit of a bad temper, so I feel like if I were in your situation I would already have exploded on them… you are obviously more composed than I am. Maybe it’s time to not be so composed… let them know exactly what’s going on and that you can’t keep funding their activities like this??

Post # 10
5191 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2013

@jen 42713:  go for a quiet drive or walk by yourself, take a deep breath, and remember the wedding day is for you. if the family doesn’t like your plans, too bad. They don’t have to attend (unless of course they’re paying in which case you’re kinda stuck). 

The topic ‘4 days – im turning into an emotional time bomb’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors