4 days late, but a negative test

posted 6 months ago in TTC
Post # 16
2029 posts
Buzzing bee

So unless you’re accurately tracking ovulation, you really have no clue when you’re ovulating, when you period should come or when you’re fertile. Coming off the pill + the holidays is plenty to throw your cycle off. If you’re hsving sex every 7 days, you may not have even had sex on a day you’re fertile. 

Like pp’s said, at this point all you can do is wait. You’ll either get AF or a positive test in a few days. If you had ovulated when you think you did, you’re not getting a false negative. 

Post # 17
451 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017 - California

This happened to me after a trip this past summer/early Fall. I was very late and took loads of HPTs, all negative and ended up having to take medication to induce my period. I waited and waited but it never showed up so I finally went in to see my gynecologist who tested me again just to be sure and then prescribed the medication. It was something like an 80 day cycle which was wacky and a big surprise for me. The next period after the induced period came around the time of the month that my period had previously been coming before the strange cycle. My doc didn’t know why and didn’t seem concerned. I was on birth control for around 10 years before coming off of it around a year ago so who knows if that had an effect, but after coming off bc my period started to come regularly after a couple of months and continued for a few months like that until it suddenly went missing. Prior to going on bc I had also been pretty regular with the exception of two totally missed cycles (otherwise regular from age 12 to early 20s when I stated on the pill). It’s odd, but it happens even if you are fairly regular. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors