(Closed) 4 days late….

posted 8 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
264 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Even if you are very regular it’s possible that you may have ovulated later this cycle and will get your period soon. Either way I hope you get the answer you are looking for!

Post # 4
2695 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2008

A pregnancy test would normally show a positive if you were 4 days late – are you testing first thing in the morning?  Are you normally very regular?

Post # 6
2695 posts
Sugar bee

Obviously seeing a doc is the right answer! try to test with your first morning urine if you can tomorrow, but everyone’s cycle does get out of whack now and then.  I had one random 2 week cycle when I am normally 28 days….although presuming you are TTC, you might just not have enough hormone in your urine for the test to pick up now….

Post # 8
2695 posts
Sugar bee

I think it depends on how anxious you are ๐Ÿ™‚  I would think that by Saturday you will likely either get your period or have a positive test.  Are you guys actively TTC?    honestly, no one really knows how to figure any of this out, its all just a waiting/guessing game….but Its amazing how slowly the days go when you are waiting to know!

Post # 10
445 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

I took a pregnancy test when I was about 5-6 days late and it came up negative. A week later I took another test, and it was positive. I’m not sure if I got a false negative the first time, or maybe I just ovulated late and wasn’t quite pregnant enough yet. Are you noticing any other symptoms at all? I was quite suspicious that coffee (which I normally love) suddenly tasted quite foul to me.

Post # 11
762 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

So weird. I am 4 days late too. Just took a test and it’s negative.

Post # 12
638 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2007

Don’t forget the dollar store sells tests so you can take one everyday if you want and not feel like you are spending too much money on them ๐Ÿ™‚  (And they are the same ones the Dr’s office uses for pee tests!)

Hope your anxiety is soon put to rest ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 13
2821 posts
Sugar bee

happened to me last month too, showed up eventually though (we don’t use protection either but are somewhat timing conscious), not bad if it happened but would rather wait till after the summer.  It’s a bit weird, you get excited after a week and thinking well…..I guess it could be, finally convince yourself everything will be great and you’re ready to find out and then the monthly visitor shows up.

Post # 14
2695 posts
Sugar bee

Good luck!! Def. don’t forget to keep us updated ๐Ÿ™‚

And if you aren’t taking prenatals yet, def. make sure to start just in case! 

Post # 16
2829 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Most pre-natals are basically the same, with varying levels of vitamins — though the folic acid should be consistent.

It took me 3 different brands to find a pre-natal my body agreed with (the extra iron can be tough on the stomach sometimes, so drink lots of orange juice, the vit C helps iron absorbtion).

You can basically go with any pre-natal off the shelf or ask your doc to prescribe one, but perscriptions come with a mark up, so keep that in mind. Even if it turns out that you aren’t pregnant, taking pre-natals while TTC helps your body prepare for making babies.

The topic ‘4 days late….’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors