(Closed) 4 days out and registries still full?

posted 9 years ago in Gifts and Registries
Post # 3
199 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

I’m on the same boat, my registry is untouched and we are about 25 days out. Sorry.

Post # 3
199 posts
Blushing bee

I’m on the same boat, my registry is untouched and we are about 25 days out. Sorry.

Post # 4
6009 posts
Bee Keeper

Yeah, we’re five days out and have basically received everything that has been bought off our registries either as shower gifts or as gifts sent by people who aren’t coming to the wedding.  One thing I found out when I had my bridal shower is that people really procrastinate on buying gifts.  I’m not expecting things to be bought off my registry until Friday, Saturday, or even Sunday morning because I know people will just run down to the store at the last minute.  If they don’t find anything in the store that is on our registry, I’m expecting they will buy gift cards or write a check.  You might have a ton of things bought at the last minute, or you might end up with a bunch of gift cards and cash.  No worries! 

Post # 5
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

There were a FEW items removed from my registry and I ended up receiving all but like, 2 at my shower. So i know they’re coming….

I don’t get it. Everyone knows you register, and yet they insist on buying you something from Target that you never registered for? I got this crockpot from another location….the reason I registered for the one I did at Macy’s is because it had all kinds of gadgets I’d use. It bugs me. Just get me what I want! I registered for lots of inexpensive gifts FOR THIS REASON. 

So, needles to say, my registery was pretty untouched and I still got lots of random stuff, so maybe people just looked at your registery and said "oh she wants towels" then they go out and buy you towels from another location. Ugh i hate that. 

Post # 6
110 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

Well, I understand your concern (no, it is NOT selfish, it’s a fair question.) But if it is any consolation, guests do, as etiquette says, have one full year from the time of your wedding to send a gift. Perhaps with a down economy, some are waiting a little longer? It does seem a little odd though. Where did you register if you don’t mind me asking? At one of the usual suspects (CB, BB and Beyond, Pottery Barn, etc) or did you do a pricier registry?

Post # 7
405 posts
Helper bee

Well that just stinks! Maybe people didn’t buy from the website and didn’t take the registry bar code thingy to the store? Maybe they’re all giving gift cards! LOL I don’t know what to tell ya except maybe they’re last minute shoppers? 🙂
Good luck! 😀

Post # 9
5823 posts
Bee Keeper

I once sent cash.  I was literally walking out the door for an overseas deployment, and all I had time to do was sign my name and throw a $50 at it.  I felt bad, but I didn’t have time to be thoughtful!

Post # 10
398 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2009

I wouldn’t stress over it.  Many people wait until the day of and day before to buy anything and others will just not buy anything from a registry and opt for their own present or money.

Enjoy your wonderful day!

Post # 11
497 posts
Helper bee

Yeah, don’t stress over it.  Right before my shower I noticed that NO ONE had purchased anything off my registry and I was so confused and annoyed that I blurted to one of my bridesmaids: "why don’t people just buy off the registry for crying out loud?!"  Turns out that bridesmaid had sent a note in the shower invites to bring something themed towards a date night…of which nothing on my registry matched…you can imagine how ridiculous and silly I felt.

In the end, we did get many things off our registry and many things not on the registry and we really did end up loving everything we received.  And though it would have been very convenient to have only gifts we had already specifically picked out…if we had only received items from the registry we wouldn’t have gotten some of the spectacularly thoughtful items that we did get…like our invitation displayed in a handmade cut-glass box.

And for what its worth…my baby shower is on Saturday and not a thing on our registry has been purchased!

Post # 12
49 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2009

Most people (older people anyway) aren’t into the new age things and don’t do registries. I know for a fact my grandma wouldn’t go and pull my registry at the store. She is still a little confused about my wedding website and what its for. I’m not sure of the age range for your shower or wedding but I’m expecting lots of CASH for mine and thats ok with me too. I registered at BED BATH AND BEYOND and at Target to stay within a certain budget for my guest. Look on the bright side, If you get cash you can always go and purchase your things off your registry yourself after the wedding and receive I think 20% off each item (If you registered at Bed Bath and Beyond).

Post # 13
409 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

LOL!! I was trying to explain the whole registry thing to my parents and they still don’t seem to get it.  I told my mom how it works and I think she gets the idea but my dad on the other hand thinks we should be greateful for anything we get.  I’m not expecting to get many things off my registry because I come from a big Mexican family and they are stubborn and like to do things their own way.  Good Luck on your registry though!!

Post # 14
232 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

my registry has barely been touched – i’ve already had one shower (will have another next weekend held by my FMIL) and my wedding is a month away.  i’m hoping that means we will get checks for the wedding – the best gift of all 😉

The topic ‘4 days out and registries still full?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors