(Closed) 4 days til wedding and I’m getting sick – what to do?

posted 7 years ago in Wellness
Post # 3
5106 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

Vitamin C? 🙂

Sending non-sick wishes your way!

Post # 5
2584 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Lots and lots of vitamin C! And if you ask pharmacist for natural cold remedies… I think I took Echinicea, or something like that? It helps stop colds. And lots of Nyquil, lol. I hope you get better really quick!!

Post # 6
4327 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 1992

ZINC! I’ve read it’s proven to shorten the life of your cold if you take it just as you start getting symptoms.

Post # 7
6065 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2012

I would also add that you should get as much rest as possible!

Post # 9
10568 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: January 2011

Cold FX has been shown to actually work in at least one study.

Post # 10
627 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

rest, relax and emergen-c and echinacea. this kind of thing always happens to me before a big event. make sure you are getting enough sleep, fluids and good, healthy food.

Post # 11
10714 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

Zinc and SLEEP! Drink lots of orange juice and water too!

Post # 12
2053 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@lynnchee: Vitamin C, lots of water, tea, soup, juice, fluids to flush out your system. Change your sheets and air out your room. Use a new toothbrush so you don’t give yourself cold germs again. Get lots of rest. Good luck! Feel better!

Post # 13
189 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

zinc or airborne (I still swear by it), soup, sleep, steam, sudafed!

My allergies have been out of control the last few weeks and now I have a sinus infection… My garden wedding should be lovely, lol!

Post # 14
5118 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

All of the above tips are great! OJ and plenty of water to keep you hydrated, I love hot tea to keep my mucus loose if possible (gross, I know, but it’s game time!), sit over a steaming pot of water to loosen up your sinuses, and sleep like a sloth! Get as much uninterrupted sleep as possible. I swear, if I can get a nice 8-10 hour night right when I feel a cold coming on, I feel much better and usually keep away from a sinus infection. New toothbrush is a good tip as well.

The day of: stay hyrdated, try to have plenty of sleep before, and maybe have a nice cold washcloth from the freezer to freshen up your face and reduce any puffiness you’re feeling. Make sure to have concealer on hand to cover up a red nose for photos. 

Best of luck to you! Happy almost wedding day!

Post # 15
3601 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 1992

Rest and PLENTY of fluids. For symptom relief I love good oldfashioned Vick’s Salve.

Post # 16
6065 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2012

@lynnchee:I hope you feel better soon! I think 4 days is enough to get past a cold, if you take care of yourself. 🙂

The topic ‘4 days til wedding and I’m getting sick – what to do?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors