(Closed) 4 Maid of Honors

posted 7 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
2539 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

no! its your wedding? if its ok with you thats all that matters!

Post # 4
1489 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@Steffy: Do what works best for you

Post # 5
1160 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Why not? Have as many maids of honor as you want! Not silly at all.

Post # 6
2822 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Sounds good to me! 🙂

Post # 7
3482 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

I’m not sure why you wouldn’t just call them all bridesmaids. Four maids of honour kind of defeats the purpose of the title, in much the same way that you wouldn’t have four groomsmen all called “best man”.

Post # 8
630 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Well are you having regular bridesmaids too? If you are then I can understand taking the financial responsibility off of one person. I think you should do whatever you want. I am having two maids of honor and that’s it.

Post # 9
4803 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I think it’s kinda strange, it would make much more sense to have bridesmaids and just not designate any of them as the maid of honor. But if you decide to go this route, on your programs and things it should be worded ‘maids of honor’, not ‘maid of honors’.

Post # 10
2232 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I thought the point of having a maid of honour was to honour one person. Personally I would rather have all bridesmaids instead of 4 maids of honour if you can’t pick. 

Post # 11
46606 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

To me it says”bride is afraid of hurting anyone’s feelings”. I would just have them all be bridesmaids as certainly the traditional  “honor” of the Maid/Matron of Honor position has not been assigned to any of them.

Post # 12
584 posts
Busy bee

I would also just call them all bridesmaid…the honor is diluted when there are 4 maids of honor, IMO.

Post # 14
9029 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Personally I dont get it if there is more than one moh, because what happens when it comes to speeches and toasts and the order and in they will walk in etc..  to me 4 maids of honor is the same as having no moh at all

Post # 15
13096 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

Personally, I think it is silly to have multiple maids of honor because it eliminates the entire purpose.  The only exception I make to this is if someone has 2 sisters they don’t want to choose between.

Honestly, I think you ought to pick one or call them all BMs.

Post # 16
5295 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 1993

It seems like most of the replies you’ve gotten have stated that 4 MOHs seems odd and I agree. I would either pick one or have them all be bridesmaids.

Your last reply though, it sounds as though you still want to have all four be MOHs – so go ahead and do that. You don’t need our approval to do that and I’m not sure why you asked if you are really set on doing 4 MOHs to start with. It’s your wedding so you can make that call 🙂

Just note as a PP said, the correct terminology is Maids of Honor.

The topic ‘4 Maid of Honors’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors