(Closed) 4 Month Sleep Regression?

posted 7 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
6009 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

Yep, we had a regression at 3 or 4 months.  It took about a month, but Addie got back on track on her own.  There’s a lot of new developments that happen in that age range (rolling over, supported sitting, learning social interaction, etc…) plus a lot of babies go through growth spurts right in there, too.  Have you read any of the WonderWeeks stuff?  There’s a book, but you can also sign up for free emails at http://www.thewonderweeks.com.  (Shout out to Mrs. DG, who suggested it!)  The emails explain the developments your baby is going through and give you a heads up as to when he might have a hard time sleeping because of them.

I haven’t found any tricks to get through these regressions, unfortunately.  We’re in the middle of one right now (for over a month!), so I definitely feel your pain.  🙁  Would you consider letting baby sleep with you a night or two, so you can all get a little rest, and then go back to crib sleeping after a good night’s rest?  Or let him nap somewhere else for a day or two so he can catch up?  I really see a difference in Addie’s behavior when she doesn’t get enough sleep, and it’s a vicious cycle when a baby gets overtired because then they sleep more restlessly and fight going to sleep even more.  We try our best to stuck to our routine, but if I feel like she hasn’t had a good sleep in a few days, I’ll do whatever it takes to get her caught up on rest.

I don’t have much advice on crying it out, since we decided not to do it.  I read Solve Your Child’s Sleep Problems, which is a pretty well known cry it out method book, and it does say that if your baby cries inconsolably or pukes or anything, they are probably not ready to cry it out, and you should wait a little while before trying it again.  I, personally, couldn’t stand to let Addie cry it out, but I think if choose to do it, this method seemed better than just leaving the baby in his crib for hours on end.  Something to look into, I guess.

The topic ‘4 Month Sleep Regression?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors