(Closed) 4 months after wedding…..husband wants a divorce.

posted 8 years ago in Relationships
Post # 47
706 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@K_alecia: I haven’t read the comments but OH MY GOD your husband sounds horrible! I hope you realize that you are not the problem here. Sure, it sucks that you are depressed right now, but your husband a) has no right to expect you to do all the housework (wtf–does he not have two hands and eyesight? If he does, he can damn well pick up around the house if he wants it to be clean), b) is being emotionally abusive to you by constantly telling you you are not doing enough, are not pretty enough, and making it seem like it is all your fault! It’s not! He’s an asshole!, and c) YOU should be asking him for a divorce. His behavior is unacceptable and you deserve so much more! I’m not surprised that you were happier when you two were apart!

In short: I am so sorry your life is difficult right now, but please see a counselor and stop blaming yourself for this!

Post # 50
1577 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I read everything, and it’s good to read things are taking a turn for the positive. 

Just one more concept that I hope will help, that I learned along the way (this comment made me worry “He has no faith left though”)

A marriage needs love; but more so a marriage needs respect to work.  So much of marriages in different cultures and in our past were not build around love to begin with, but love developed because both parties respected one another.

Just make sure in your healing process that you make sure he has respect for you, and that you respect yourself.

Post # 51
384 posts
Helper bee

I am so very sorry that you are suffering – this situation is heartbreaking.  I know how you feel about weight, I’ve had those issues in the past.  Happy to say now I’m a healthy woman 5’5 and 125 pounds.  I know how it feels and how depressed self-image issues can upset your life.

All that said, this man sounds so insensitive, selflish and certainly not good for someone who has self-esteem issues.  I am glad you’re going to therapy and I hope you can make a decision soon.  I really think you should consider leaving this man PRONTO.   I would run in the other direction so fast his head would swim and he can go play with his mama. 

I don’t like how you’re being treated here…you deserve so much more.  We all deserve respect and love. 

Please keep us updated!

Post # 53
2584 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I’ve suffered from depression for years and I’m so glad you have that appointment tomorrow! And glad that the doctors where you are are actually helpful- when I was in the ER for being suicidal no one could get me in for 2 months, but that’s another story.

I hope things start looking up for you and that you can work through your depression and your marriage. Your husband needs to be supportive and I hope you did reach him!

Post # 54
1474 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

@AprilJo2011: I agree with everything she said.

This seems like a toxic situation for you. :/ I’m so sorry you have to go through this. *hugs* 

The topic ‘4 months after wedding…..husband wants a divorce.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors