(Closed) 4 months and 15 lbs to go!

posted 5 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
2854 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@mrs-j-to-be:  Yes you can do it (as long as it is a realistic weight you are aiming for your body type). Its only a pound a week. I am also getting married in May and would like to lose 5-6.

Post # 4
1132 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

I think that’s very realistic.  I lost 10lb last June in 30 days by doing a workout video (25 mins a day) and eating healthy.  I think the key is just to watch portion sizes every meal. Good luck!

Post # 5
1081 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

I’ve lost 23 pounds in 2 1/2 months 🙂

Post # 6
2254 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@mrs-j-to-be:  that’s very realistic. I lost 15 pounds in 3 months on WW. You just have to stick with it.

Post # 7
1992 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

definitely doable! Watch the grains you’re eating and try to focus on a lot of water-based foods (ie fruits and veggies) and protein – both will keep you full and satiated!

PS. Its more about FOOD than exercise… pay close attention and you will succeed!

Post # 8
110 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Stay positive! It is totally doable! And even if you lose 10 lbs instead of 15, you will still feel a lot better and probably won’t even mind the extra 5 that didn’t come off. The key is just be consistent. Try to make small healthy decisions every day, and if you slip up once it’s ok! Just don’t let it pull you into a spiral where it becomes a consistent problem. You have plenty of time to go, so pick yourself up and keep doing what needs to be done! =)

Post # 9
1074 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

You can do it!

My goal is 30 lbs in 3 months. I’m doing engagement pictures in May and I REEEEEEEEEEEEALLY want to look healthy and have that natural glow I used to have when I was fit.

What I do is keep a food journal and FORCE myself to keep up with it. WW online does that but it’s easy to slack.

What has also been helping me is dedicating each day to one challenge. At the end of the day, if I made my challenge, I can have one coconut milk ice cream sandwich (I’m a teacher, I figured if this works on the kids, I should try bribery type motivation too).The one that I enjoy the most is Weigh-In Wendesday. It’s the only day of the week where I weigh myself so it’s a surprise and I’m not constantly freaking out everyday about the numbers going up or down.

If you want, maybe we could partner up for motivation?

Post # 10
690 posts
Busy bee

I went from 120 to 105 in 3 months. 

Post # 11
690 posts
Busy bee

I went from 120 to 105 in 3 months. 

Post # 12
1805 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@nikix:  how?! Do tell! I wanna lose 5-8lbs in 7 weeks 🙂

Post # 13
690 posts
Busy bee

@MrsRichard:  What do you do right now for exercise?

Post # 14
1805 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@nikix:  I’ve been doing the 30 day shred (25 min workout) for a little over 2 weeks.. But I’ve had a few realllly bad meals lol I’m 121 right now

Post # 15
110 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@JackiBean:  30 lbs in 3 months is probably a little unrealistic (although it depends on your starting weight).  1-2 lbs a week is considered a healthy amount of weightloss if you are trying to lose fat and keep it off. And most people don’t consistently lose 2 lbs every week, and 30 lbs would be more than that anyway.  Focus on healthy eating and exercise and how your clothes feel. The number isn’t as important as toning up and losing those inches. I like to use a measuring tape in addition to the scale to track my progress. 

Post # 16
690 posts
Busy bee

@MrsRichard:  Well I was really lazy for the first month.

And I eat horrible too, so I completely get you. 

Start off at 3 miles at a 5.5 pace. Do this 4 times a week with a 15 minute strench afterwards , throw in some planks and reverse sit ups in there at the end. 

Do this for 2 weeks, then you should be able to increase your runs. Run 4 miles at a 6 pace. 

do a 2 minute plank, 75 sit ups, 50 reverse sit ups, 50 verticle leg crunches. 

Do it in sets if you like.

By the end of the 2nd month, you should be running 6 miles at a 7 pace and being able to do all those ab work outs without too much trouble. 

After 2 months I was down to this. 

The topic ‘4 months and 15 lbs to go!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors