(Closed) 4 MONTHS before the wedding we find out the church is DOUBLE BOOKED!

posted 6 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 3
375 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Never had it happen but I would fight the church. YOU booked it first so YOU should get to keep it. Since the church made the mistake they should compensate the other couple for the already printed invites and tell them they can’t have it there or that THEY need to move the time up.

Post # 4
1346 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@magglemay-2013:  Id lie and tell them you have printed and sent your invites. And being the first bride booked you should have the church!!!

Post # 5
1880 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

What the hell? I would be so pissed. Make them waive a portion of your fee since they’re pulling this BS (I don’t know how much you’re paying but if it’s not a lot, make them waive ALL of it to compensate you for your trouble). YOU booked it FIRST, and it was THEIR MISTAKE – wtf would they had done if you’d both had your invites printed? And it sounds like you’ve already booked a photographer.

So angry on your behalf!

Post # 6
8695 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

@lisha_1988:  I would lie too! How do they know you didnt print your invites? This sounds crazy

Post # 7
699 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@MissDarthVader:  +1 this exactly. absolutely thier mistake you shouldnt be the one suffering for it, end of story. fight until you get to the highest person available. i would not accept this

Post # 8
11747 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@magglemay-2013:  why will moving it up to 12 rush pictures after? WOn’t it give you MORE time?  Shit happens, it sucks it’s not fair but it’s life. If that’s the worst thing that happens on your wedding then you lucked out. Just move it to 12, it will be fine!

Post # 9
10453 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2014

Darth Vader said it right (and you don’t piss off that guy or you get strangled haha). You guys had it first, so you get to keep it. Simple as that – don’t back down. The church can pay for the reprinted invites of the other people. 

And I also don’t get why moving the ceremony earlier gives you less time for pictures?

Post # 11
194 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

In regards to rushing pictures, I think she means because they’ll have to clear out from the church for the next wedding…

Oops, took too long to type this. LOL.

Post # 12
10453 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2014

Oh for pictures in the church I see. But are you not taking outdoor pictures or some at another location? On the plus side you’d have more time for those but that’s probably a huge gap for your guests. 

Regardless, I’d still fight the church over this. They are way in the wrong here. 

Post # 13
424 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I’d fight the church on this, personally.

Post # 14
11747 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@magglemay-2013:  Oh i see. You could do pics before hand with your girls and the guys can do their separate shots first? Then you’d have less pics to take after?

Post # 15
31 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2013

I agree with PP, fight the church. This is probably one of my biggest fears with my wedding.. we booked our church last April.. and when we met with the pastor he didn’t have a 2013 calendar yet so he wrote it on a notecard and stuck it on the bulletin board in his office. Makes me worried it will be thrown away at some point..

Bottom line is, YOU booked it first, YOU should get it. 

Post # 16
317 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@magglemay-2013:  I agree with PP, you booked first so you should get the church for the time slot you booked it for.  

The topic ‘4 MONTHS before the wedding we find out the church is DOUBLE BOOKED!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors