(Closed) 4 months out…who else is getting married in May??

posted 7 years ago in May 2015
Post # 2
6331 posts
Bee Keeper

5/16/15 is our wedding day too! Actually, we’re getting married in a simple private ceremony next month but celebrating and repeating our vows for our family and friends in May. We’re awaiting more RSVPs and in the process of finding a caterer. The private ceremony has been so easy to plan; there are more variables accommodating all our guests for May though it’s still going to be a small group, ~60. It’s all been fun though. 

Post # 3
2221 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015 - Walnut Hill Bed & Breakfast

5/30/15!

Getting stressed! ha

Just ordered the invites for my shower (March 7) and my bridesmaids just started looking into the bachlorette party (one of those painting classes BOYB) for mid-April. 

I designed my wedding invites and need to start printing them to send first week of April. (Printing them myself)

Ordered stuff to DIY my garter… still need to make table numbers and paint bottles (waiting for warm weather). I need to make tags for my favors/place cards… probably need to wait for RSVPs for that?

Working on making table runners. 1/2 way done.. on hold while my mom is on vacation. she’s helping me sew them. 

I still need to figure out our songs/music for everything. Need to figure out our ceremony (or just use the default the officiant usually does). Still need to figure out the rest of the gifts for bridal party, etc. Fiance still needs to buy a suit. 2 groomsmen still need to buy a suit. 

I still need to lose 10? 20? lbs. At least a few because my dress was a bit tigher than the sample!! 

Need to finalize menues for rehearsal and wedding.

Need to figure out who is sleeping where that weekend and hotel rooms. 

Print programs and menus?

Dance lessons? 

Figure out cupcake flavors and make sure my friend is still making them.

Dye my crinoline slip purple. 

figure out what i’m wearing for underwear that day

Figure out bartenders… (we don’t have any provided so we’re going to hire someone… probably anyone with experience that we know from highschool or something)

Fiance needs to decide on his ring. 

Bake cookies for the cookie table. 

*eek*

Post # 5
23 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2015

May 25th for me! Excited for me because we had a productive day! We selected our rings today and applied for notice to get married (have to do this in the UK). We have a bit to do but we will tackle them one by one.

– Finalise photographer (got quote, Fiance to negotiate)

– Find photobooth 

– Order cake (found place and cake topper is ready to order)

– Flowers (my job, but only need for my bouquet as we are not having a bridal party)

– DJ (check if my friend will do it, see if we need to hire speakers)

– Table decorations (probably hire from florist)

– Alterations on dress; get lingerie; decide on veil

– Pick hair and make up (have a quote but maybe look for other options)

– Book harpist for ceremony (check if cheaper options available)

– Accomodation for guests (1 B&B reserved; other one half confirmed but waiting for more RSVPs first)

– Timings for the day

– Select menu (we have a few options with the venue)

– Table plan and table cards

– Wishing well box (maybe hire from florist)

That’s all I can think of for the moment!

Post # 6
221 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
Kendrao:  Date twins!! May 16, 2015 is my date too!! I am not currently stressed right now, which truthfully is a bit weird. I have a couple things to finish up.

– Bridal gown alterations 

– Other white dress alterations (Shower, Bachelorette, Rehearsal)

– Bridal makeup and hair trial (March 13)

– Finalize centerpieces (March 15)

– Garter, lingerie, etc

– Rhinestone bridal flip flops (if my heels start hurting)

– Order placecards, thank you notes

– Finish bird cage card box

– Paint Mr & Mrs signs

– Finish vows

– Finalize wedding invitations (should receive sample within the week)

There are other things, but those are the most important right now. 

Post # 8
1002 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
Kendrao:  I’m getting married 5/14/15. I’ve pretty much have every thing done except a couple of biggies- haven’t settled on a dress and I don’t have the officiant locked down. I haven’t decided on what we are doing for a welcome/ rehearsal dinner.  The dress situation is not as bad as it sounds. I have a dress being made and I bought another super cheap that I need to add sleeves to. 

Next task, get Fiance to get the address of his peeps so I can mail the invites by Feb 14. Once that’s done its on to the writing vows – not sure how much time that will take.

Post # 9
833 posts
Busy bee

I’m May 22! Somehow I’m still stuck in the ‘I still have 6 months’ mindset so seeing that it’s really 4 months out is a huge wake-up call!

This weekend I’m going to a bridal show so I can hopefully finalize the DJ situation and find a day of coordinator. The Whole Foods where I want to get flowers and cake is right near-by so I should get that knocked out too.

I’m waiting on pocket-fold samples so I can get invites ordered (first ones I ordered didn’t fit )

Still need to drag SO out to pick out wedding bands, register, and decide on a suit for all the guys

Waiting to get rentals (chairs, tables, linens) till I have a DOC so I can hopefully get a discount

Still need an officiant  (maybe I’ll find one at the bridal show?)

Currently searching for my necklace, veil, and bridesmaid jewlery/gifts

Booking the rehearsal dinner space ASAP

I think I’ve found my make-up/hair artist but I need to book a trial (and haircut lol)

Decide on how we’re providing alcohol

Do I even want a guest book? What am I putting on the gift table? Signage? I have no clue…

As far as the bachelorette party goes I’m sure my girls are planning one but all six of us are spread out across the east coast in all different states so who know’s when we’ll find time. I think the plan was to find a vineyard and have a spa/wine tasting day which sounds amazing to me!

Y’all have made me realize I need to get to work, there’s a lot left to do with only 4 months to do it! 

Post # 10
1786 posts
Buzzing bee

We’re getting married on May 24th while on a trip to Alaska. We’re having a dinner cruise reception on June 6th, a week after we return. I still need to continue losing weight, get passports, and we need to figure out what Fiance will wear otherwise the wedding aspect of this is all taken care of. The reception is another story, we still need to get invitations sent out, pick out the meal and decor for the boat ride, and create a registry. We were concerned about music since we were trying to keep the reception simple, however we found out the venue site we’re using will have a live band that night outside so while we’re on our dinner cruise we will be able to enjoy it, plus we have a room rented at the venue when the ride is over if people want to stay longer and enjoy the band and drinks. So far things are going pretty well though, but it’s all coming up WAY too fast!

Post # 12
1786 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
Kendrao:  We live in rural Minnesota, we’re working on getting our passports currently since our cruise will end in Vancouver. I’ve been starting to feel the pressure this week to get caught up with everything! 

Post # 13
44 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: Petroleum Club of Houston

I’m May 23rd!!  I’m so excited that we are 4 months out, but now I just want to get everything taken care of as soon as possible so that I’m not stressed come May.  (Cue slight rant/vent):

The original Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses that I picked out were discontinued!!  The store never called me.  I found out when my Maid/Matron of Honor tried to order her dress!!  So I picked a new dress and got everyone to order theirs last week.  The shop says 4 months!!  Eeek!!  Hopefully the rush will help!!

Wouldn’t you know, the Groomsmen tuxes were also discontinued!!  I’m thinking this has to do with picking out dresses and tuxes towards the end of last year and then the stores changing their lines for 2015.  Who knows.  We originally picked tuxes from Jos. A. Bank knowing that they were just purchased by Men’s Warehouse.  We were told that no changes would be made to the Jos. A. Bank lines in 2015, but all of the tuxes we picked out were discontinued anyway.  We still need to re-visit our selections and finalize the NEW tuxes.

I am just about ready to send the invitations to be printed, but every other day my mom chages her mind on the wording.  It’s hard to tell her to pick something and stick with it becasue my parents are the one paying for the wedding.  Hopefully I can get the invitations out by mid-March.

Other than that, I just have small DIY projects to do for the wedding.  I need to make a sign for my Jr. Ushers (nephews) to walk down the aisle with that says, “Uncle C, Here comes your bride”.  I will be providing flip flops for dancing so I need to make tags for all of the shoes that show the sizes.  The Ring Bearer, Jr. Ushers, and Flower Girl will be wearing shirts at the Rehearsal Dinner that let them stand out so I need to get those made.  Basically, just lots of small details that I don’t want to give someone on Etsy to make for a profit when it’s super easy.

All in all, I can’t wait for May to be here because it kicks off with my Bachelorette Party in Vegas and ends with our wedding followed by a honeymoon in the Grand Cayman Islands!!  Whoot whoot!!

May 2015 Baby!! 

Post # 14
70 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
Kendrao:  May 10th here 🙂 

-Need to pay everything off

-Pick the bridesmaids dresses

-Pick the flower girls dresses

-Assemble the centerpieces (have all of the supplies already)

-Get dresses altered

-Pick out the ring bearer’s outfit

-Measure the aisle of the church for the tulle

-Bridal Shower and Bachelorette party will be on the 8th (people have to get in town)

-Send out invites in March 

-Give final head count to the caterer

-Gifts

-Meet with the pastor about ceremonial details

Already Done:

-Church Booked

-Reception Booked (Included Caterer)

-Decorations bought

-Flowers

-DJ

-Transportation

-Cake

-Tuxes

-Dress & Accessories

-Hair & Makeup picked

-Favors

-Photographer

-Officiant

-Rings

-Honeymoon planned

-Guestbook

-Unity Candle

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by mrswalker0510.
Post # 15
378 posts
Helper bee

Yayyy we all have so much stuff done already. Pat on the back to all of us lol. I’ve gotten most things done but I still have a couple big things to take care of: flowers and cake! I obviously can’t go without those so we need to get on it. Here’s my overall list of things to do.

– flowers

– cake

– dress alterations & under garments

– buy pockets for my already printed invites

– add more to Bridesmaid or Best Man gifts

– bridal jewelry

– buy small props (ex: sign for ring bearer to carry down the aisle; pillows for lounge)

– find hair dresser

– place cards

– large regal chairs for me and Fiance to sit in at the reception… do you bees have any suggestions?

Question for you all: when do you plan to send invitations? All of our guests are from out of town and Fiance insists on sending invites SUPER early. We already sent save the dates, but he wants to know exact numbers really early. So we put April 1 as our RSVP date but we aren’t getting married until May 24! I think that’s really early. I’m hoping it’s not so early that people will still think they are coming but not every buy their plane ticket. If people RSVP no, at least it will give us some time to invite more local friends. (We have a second set of rsvp cards that say May 1).

The topic ‘4 months out…who else is getting married in May??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors