(Closed) 4 months out…who else is getting married in May??

posted 5 years ago in May 2015
Post # 16
1212 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
LadyH:  I have a lot of out of town guests so I’m sending my invites out on Feb 14 which is 3 months prior to our wedding. RSVP is April 19. Your Fiance is asking for a RSVP’s 6 weeks before the event? That seems way too early. I’m doing two waves of invites too,maur I’m just mailing out the local ones later and all RSVPs are online.

Post # 17
96 posts
Worker bee

Wow,

My wedding date is May 30, 2015. Being a destination wedding I have quite a few things done:

Mailed Invites

Purchased dress, veil and belt

Altrations scheduled in March.

Grooms suit purchased

Grooms men to purchase their suits.

Purchased grooms men gifts

Stll have to purchase bridesmaids gift,  as well as dresses, items for Out of Town bags

Still have to purchase wedding bands

Still have to purchase Shoes for bride and groom.

Whew! this list can get to be extensive,

DJ, food for buffet, music play list , flowers, cake and decor all completed (destination wedding)

Just to get every one to  book rooms and flights is difficult but its coming along.

Post # 18
96 posts
Worker bee

*alterations

Post # 19
3228 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

View original reply
LadyH: I’m also May 24 and your RSVP date is definitely super early! You’re not supposed to send invites until 6-8 weeks out (so end of March, we’re doing ours the week of March 24th). My RSVP date is May 3rd – B listing is offensive to some people, so I’m not sure I’d recommend doing that!

Post # 20
506 posts
Busy bee

May 23rd here!<br /><br />

We are in the “decisive” phase of our planning: while we have everything figured out, we now have to make the final decisions, pay deposits, get stuff done. This week we met with the venue/caterer and signed the contract, finally commit and ordered invitations, started booking hotels for the honeymoon. 

We have everything under control and so far it is all rolling smoothly so I don’t feel stressed out. I am getting excited though and poorer everyday but I can picture parts of the wedding and it is kind of cool! These are exciting times 🙂

Post # 21
448 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
fscarlett:  I planned on sending invites at the very end of Feb, so they get them by the start of March. And then RSVP April. (Remember, they all have the save the dates with a bunch of info and the wedding website has all of the info; so I think they will have the information to decide that early.)

April 19 is a good rsvp date though. I was thinking of doing April 15 but it’s too late now. Oh well; I think it’ll turn out okay. Literally 95% of our guests are from the other side of the country. Pretty much just my parents live in the part of the country we live in. So a bunch of people have gotten flights and hotel already. So by April, I’m really hoping they can RSVP accurately.

View original reply
carolinabelle:  I couldn’t fathom waiting until March to send my invites! None of our family really lives even remotey close, so they need time to prepare. I didn’t want to be as early as my Fiance wanted, but I also don’t want to be late either because I understand people need time. I’m thinking that having such an early RSVP date for family members will hide from my B list people that they are actually B list people lol.  They are local friends, who don’t know our families, so they won’t know. Especially since the May 1 RSVP date seems “normal.” And at the end of the day, I don’t really care if they are offended. They aren’t super close to me anymore and they can always decline. 

Post # 22
31 posts
Newbee

Hi Ladies.  I’m May 9th.

Still need to get groomsmen and ring bearer attire pinned down, decide on invitations and flowers, and get everything paid.  Didn’t realize it was so close but things just got real for me – my dress is here.  Yayyyyyyy!

Congratulations to all of you beautiful brides to be.

Post # 23
293 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
Kendrao:  The vows are actually coming along pretty well – I started a few months ago, and then just revising them until I think they are perfect. Each time I read them, it makes me cry (I am such a softie), so I know they are good 🙂

I will probably send out the invites in late February/March with a RSVP date of April 18. I have to order placecards with table numbers for the seated dinner, so I want to make sure there is enough time to get those. 

The topic ‘4 months out…who else is getting married in May??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors