(Closed) 4 Months Since the Wedding and….

posted 5 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
1199 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Its something that you can’t control anymore. I would just get over it; no need to have all these negative feelings when the pictures are going to look the same. The only thing I thought of was maybe set up a fun photo shoot, for you and your DH. They aren’t your wedding pics but at least you’ll have beautiful pics you love and can display. 🙂 Don’t be so hard on yourself. They’ll just pics.   And I’m sure you look beautiful in them. 

Post # 4
672 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I kind of know how you are feeling but my wedding hasnt happened yet. My photographer came with a great price and hes sooooo nice but he doesnt have the best equipment so our photos dont seem to be the best quality for enlargements and putting them into photo books. I made a book with our engagement pics and in the book they all came out blurry due to not having the right resolution.

My friend just got married two weeks ago and her pics are GORGEOUS so i am jealous of what she got compared to what I feel like I will get. But even though Im jealous of her pics and how they looked shes not happy with them either! So I guess theres always something to complain about!

Post # 5
85 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I think I know how you are feeling, even though mine photos haven’t happened yet. I just posted a thread about how I am thinking of canceling engagement pics and I think a part of it is the same anxiety you are having. I know what I “want” the pictures to looking like and I am terrified that I’m still going to look like ugly ole me 🙂

I think that sometimes we get this crazy image in our head of what we “should” look like with professional makeup, hair and photos. But the truth is — we still look like ourselves. We have to learn to love ourselves what we look like now, because expensive cameras and makeup aren’t going to change who we are. And I sure as heck haven’t figured out how to think I’m beautiful yet,  but we all need to try!!

Post # 6
170 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Yeah my photographer is making me nervous, too. We paid like $800 for our photographer rather than the like $3,000 that other people in our area are paying. Everyone elses pictures look so romantic and photojournalistic, and our photographer’s examples are just blah. Of course, even though I hate to say this, I think it might be the fact that no one really had a beautiful wedding that hired him. Fingers crossed that ours look better. 

Maybe you can get a photoshop guru to work some magic on your pictures? That sometimes helps!

Post # 7
7312 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

This is a matter of changing your own perspective, which means you need to start actively changing your inner monologue. Every time you think “I didn’t look pretty enough” or whatever, stop yourself and remember that your husband thinks you are beautiful and he loves you exactly as you are. Remind yourself of all of your positive qualities and everything that was good about your wedding day. I hate to sound trite, but it really is about thinking positively in order to let go of negativity. Don’t let this bring you down. It’s just not worth another moment of your time and energy.

Post # 9
7312 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

@robsgirl1:  It’s hard to change your thought pattern, but you have so many good things going for you that it would just suck to let this drag you down. You’re married to the man that you love. Relish in your newlywed bliss!!!!! Embrace the love and everything that is good in life. 🙂

Post # 10
1470 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Based on your earlier posts I suspect you often second guess yourself! You look great and happy in the photos and you had a great time. You need to let it go! I have fleeting moments of regret about little things. I wonder if I should have had my hair down (usually how I wear it), but honestly I look how I look! Nothing would make me look like a catalog bride, but I think I looked happy and pretty (in certain pics anyway). Still waiting for the rest of my pro pics! 

Post # 12
1785 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I will probably spend the most on photography, because the pictures last forever – and I don’t want to retake them later. Some people don’t pay too much and they still turn out great but I am going with a photographer I know – who took my graduation pictures, she has over 30 yrs. exp. Wish she wasnt so expensive, but we will pay.

Post # 13
1785 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I am thinking the price will be close to $4K

Post # 14
2288 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: Central Park

We are always hardest on ourselvestouts time to not worry over things you can’t change. Would you post a photo? I’m sure it’s not as bad as it is in your head.

Post # 15
1691 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

How about we see a pic and tell you how you really looked?

Post # 16
739 posts
Busy bee

@Leonard2B a camera is a tool. It’s like saying that restaurant chef is really good because of the oven he uses. Same goes for processing and delivering the images. Looks like he gave you low resolution images for web use which will not print very well.

@IngridS it has nothing to do with the type of wedding or decorations. A good photographer can make a 5k wedding look like a million bucks and a bad photog can make a 100k wedding look so so. It’s all about priorities and what you value. It’s VERY expensive to run a photography business that is why talented photographers charge what they do. With photogs what you see is what you get. Hopping they are going to be “better” is only setting your self up for disappointment.

The topic ‘4 Months Since the Wedding and….’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors