Post # 1
Hello fellow July brides! We have 4-months to go! What’s on your to-do list for this month?
Here’s mine –
finish invitation design & order invitations
meet with florist
research and book hairstylist
finish 1st draft of ceremony
work on DIY projects (centerpieces, bridesmaids gifts, ceremony decor, etc.)
I feel like I’m so behind, is anyone else feeling this way?
Post # 3
@sarahblais: It sounds like you are pretty on track. Are you using a checklist?
I feel like I have a lot done actually, but my next things to do are book the shuttle bus and work on jewelry for myself and the girls. I also have a list for my Fiance lol He needs to select the tuxes and print the invitations that he designed. I feel like I don’t have a lot to do, but I’m sure it’s going to hit me all at once!
Post # 4
- Wedding: July 2013 - rolling hills of southern italy
Hahahahaha! Ok, let’s see… It would be easier to list the things I HAVE done… Shorter list.
To do: choose venue, book venue, order invites, order favors, order candies, paint decorations, print pictures, save/paint bottles/jars, find cloth for tables, go to ikea and buy candles and glass and holders and napkins and make invites, and buy silk flowers to make pomanders, pack my apartment and ship my stuff to California, alter dress, find shoes, go to the town where Ethernet wedding will be for legalIty paperwork, oh, and everything else I forgot…,
Post # 5
meet with the florist is #1 right now. I meet with the cake lady today
Post # 7
He just booked all the tuxes tonight, so almost done. We are going to do the seating charts after the RSVP’s come in on the 13th of June, sending out the invites the first week of May. So unless I add something to our DIY wedding… we are done! I did add personalized crayon boxes for the kids’ activity books this weekend… so thats all she wrote but the wait till then, lol!
Post # 8
– Finish making Invites, RSVP cards etc.
-Finish DIY projects
-Buy Bridesmaid Jewlery
– Write out day of Schedules
Post # 9
i thought i was doing alright but this list looks pretty long! here’s my to-do for the next few months..
- book rental company for ceremony chairs
- give my Future Mother-In-Law and BMs guest list for shower
- book alterations and have fittings
- have tasting with cupcake baker (my BFF)
- get on bridal party to get their attire
- Fiance pick out suit
- finish putting together favors
- finish addressing and mail invites
- tasting with caterer
- finalize and print menu
- print programs
- break in shoes
- create day-of timeline
- figure out playlists for iPad
- print escort and place cards
- create seating chart
- get marriage license
- create shot list for photographer
- beauty stuff- get hair done, facial, mani/pedi
Post # 10
All I have done is the venue is booked, menu selected, and I have a designer doing invites now. oh and our honeymoon is booked!
I have no dress, no bridesmaids dresses, no photographer, no cake, flowers, hotels blocked, no engagement photos done…basically nothing is done.
Post # 12
Update: I met with our florist last weekend so that’s one big check off the list!
Now I really need to finish those invitations so we can send them out!! I really want to get them out 3 months before the wedding so I only have 2 weeks!
Post # 13
Here’s my to-do list for the coming months:
1. Finish putting invites together (halfway done with this)
2. Get Fiance fitted for tux and choose Groomsmen tuxes
3. Buy FI’s ring
4. Finish flower girl basket
5. Finalize ceremony
6. Get my dress fitted
7. Schedule hair/makeup trial
8. Book wedding night hotel
9. Finish vendor payments
10. Buy parent gifts and wedding party gifts
I feel pretty good about what we have left, but at this point, I’m just ready for the wedding to get here. We have a million little details to figure out but the big stuff is done.
Post # 14
– order invites
– meet with florist
– finalize honeymoon payments/arrangements
– hotel reservations
– bridal party gifts
– work out more often!
Post # 15
@sarahblais: I am so ready for it to be next month! I have to:
– mail my invites (that are addressed and sitting here ready to go)
– figure out ceremony music
– get fittings
– do the seating chart
-buy gifts for the bridal party
– assemble favor boxes
Post # 16
To do this month:
-figure out bouquets/flowers (we’re going to DIY)
-meet with cake baker and caterer (this weekend!!!)
-pick music for my lil bro to start learning on the piano for the ceremony
-meet with pastor (this weekend)
-buy favor bags
-decide on invitations