(Closed) 4 months until wedding, no dress..

posted 6 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Should I be worried?
    Yes, time to freak out : (45 votes)
    58 %
    No, but hurry up already! : (33 votes)
    42 %
  • Post # 3
    2874 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

@Future_Mrs_C:  mmm bought mine 6 months ago, but it was one from the rack – just need to get alterations one month before

its a problem if you need to order one though, should be doing it asap

Post # 4
    10453 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 2014

The timing might limit you from some designers, but you could probably still order a brand new town. Get on it soon though!

Post # 5
    4035 posts
    Honey bee

@Future_Mrs_C:  Just bought my dress and took it home this past weekend and I am getting married in 9 months. But I went to a sample sale (so technically off the rack). You should start searching for sample sales or call stores that carry them on the rack. Some online retailers can do fast turn around too.

Post # 6
    235 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

im the same – but im getting mine made. so im not sweating. but u need to get on to it girl!!! the dress stores can take up to 6 months for ordrered dresses to arrive!

order one off somewhere like Darling Husband GATE?

Post # 7
    14495 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

Did you order it and not get it yet or have you not ordered it yet?   If you haven’t ordered you will prob have to buy off the rack.  Most designers take 6-12 months to get dresses in.  If you just haven’t received it yet, not to worry, I would wait a month or so to worry and start making calls.

Post # 8
    1578 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2013 - Country Club

I’m ordering mine on December 1, so that’s six months before the wedding.

You’ll probably need to find one that you can buy off the rack and then maybe have it altered by someone who can do it fairly quickly. 🙂

Post # 9
    1578 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2013 - Country Club

Oh and some places you can pay extra for rush delivery!

Post # 10
    2448 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

I think you’re going to be out of luck if you’re looking at most designer gowns, unless you get something off the rack. 

Post # 11
    27 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: October 2012

Where is your dress? hahaha you ordered one though, right?

Post # 12
    1860 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

You should probably hurry up, or you’re going to get plagued by some ‘showing up naked to the church’ nightmares soon….

Post # 13
    1855 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: December 2013

You’re fine if you buy off of the rack. You get it then and there, and then you take it for alterations. 

Post # 14
    1832 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: January 2013

I bought mine on August 31, my wedding is Jan 20. I did not buy off the rack. I ordered it in my current size and in white, Davids bridal only carried it in ivory at the store. It came in the first week in October. I haven’t done my alterations yet, my appointment is Dec 11. You have time is what I’m saying but go with a major chain like Davids. If you can buy off the rack even better. However BUY YOUR GOWN WITHING THE NEXT WEEK.

Post # 16
    117 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: February 2013

It’s not too late to buy a dress, but you better hurry up!!

I ordered a replica dress around 3 months ago and then my order got cancelled a couple of weeks ago… So I didn’t have a dress when my wedding was less than 4 months away… I thought I might need to get a preowned dress, but I eventually bought a new dress.

I found it’s possible to get a dress within that short period of time if you’re not looking for high end desingers (such as Vera Wang, Monique lhuillier, etc.) But you’ll probably need to pay for a rush fee and find your seamstress before you receive your dress. 

Good luck!! 

The topic ‘4 months until wedding, no dress..’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors