(Closed) 4 more days and it doesn't look promising..

posted 6 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
220 posts
Helper bee

I kinda went through the same thing with people asking…all i said was “the time isnt right yet, when it is, we’ll be engaged” and that usually shuts people up. For us the timing really wasnt right; Fiance was still in the process of getting his masters and we still needed to go through a big out of state move and get jobs before “settling” down.

Have you guys talked about getting married/engaged at all? 

Post # 5
3246 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Ugh, that sucks. It is so annoying when people make assumptions! 

Post # 6
461 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

My big problem is my family has no idea that my SO and I are as serious as we actually are, that we have a set time (Summer of 2015) that we’d like to marry.

So they’re almost overly sensitive. And make sure never to say anything about the SO or engagements/weddings etc. And all I want to do is scream, “This is the guy I’m planning to marry!!”

But it’s a cousin’s fiance’s wedding shower, so I just smiled and took notes on what to do when it’s my turn… *sigh*

Post # 7
196 posts
Blushing bee

Yeah.. waiting sucks…

For one, its like every commercial on TV and the radio is a wedding/engagement related thing (ok.. not everyone.. but often enough to sting).

A few years ago it was really painful watching my brother (by adoption, same age as me) get married after about a year of dating his then girlfriend, when my SO and I had already been together for 3 years at that time with no ring in sight. I love my brother, but I was pretty sad for myself. And then things started to turn sour for them, and I just felt sorry for them. So now that their divorce is almost finalized, I hope he will give his next relationship more time before jumping into a proposal. I know my time is coming. And I would rather be happy with my SO still waiting after all these years than in the midst of a bitter divorce with a nice wedding in my past.

The topic ‘4 more days and it doesn't look promising..’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors