(Closed) 4 More Months to go- Help!

posted 6 years ago in April 2013
Post # 3
13292 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

The Knot and Wedding Wire both have really good checklists for everything you should be doing and suggested timelines.  Check out those and make sure you can tick off everything! 🙂

Post # 4
30 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2013

The Knot checklist is great, just don’t feel upset or something when it tells you stuff is over due – a little red alarm clock will pop up by the item that by their timeline should have been done.  Also, Real Simple has a great checklist.

Post # 5
2295 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I’m at 4 months out too. My big things right now are finishing the invitations, getting bridesmaid dresses made, working on decor items (aisle runner painted, centerpieces, table numbers), finalizing the ceremony (who is reading what, vows), and working on the DIY rehearsal dinner decor. 

Some other things to think about: Bridesmaid or Best Man and Groomsmen gifts, accessories, alteration in a month or two, breaking in shoes, favors if you are doing them, any signage you may want for directions or decor, programs if your ceremony is locked down, menu cards if applicable, touching up or completing the registry, teeth whitening if you want it, honeymoon if it isn’t booked, any details for your exits, car service, day-of timeline, picking a salon if applicable.

Post # 7
2965 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Don’t feel so behind! I’m DIY a ton of stuff (centerpieces, games, more things I can’t think of at the moment) and I haven’t even gotten half of the stuff I need! I plan on getting the invitations and sending them off no later than the end of Jan. (RSVP date is March 2nd). I still haven’t gotten a florist or a caterer.. I may have to end up getting the food made at a local grocery store but it’s not an average grocery store. It’s kind of like a farmers market grocery store and they will make the food and we just bring it. On top of all this I have to do, I have to go back to work in Feb where I will be working AT LEAST 12 hrs a day and I have 3 small children (6, 4 and 1) to deal with when I get off. I’m going to be WAY too tired to do wedding stuff when it gets closer to the date.

The topic ‘4 More Months to go- Help!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors