(Closed) 4 more months!

posted 8 years ago in January 2011
Post # 3
468 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

Yeah, it just hit me too! We’ll be ordering our invitations on Friday. Where does the time go!

Post # 5
664 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

Yay!! My 4 month mark is Wednesday. It’s craziness! It’s so nice to be checking things off the list though.

Here’s what I’ve done lately:

-Booked EVERYTHING (videographer, venue, etc)
– Ordered invitations yesterday. A friend of mine is in the invitation business & is making them for me, they’re GORGEOUS! I’m so excited.
– Bought a ton of wedding supplies (guest book, unity candle, etc)

I also bought all the crafts to start DIY’ing my card box cake and my Monogrammed Floral Wreaths! I’m excited about that also. Other than that, all I really lack doing is purchasing a few more little things and ordering the candy for the candy buffett. I’m so glad to be getting close to being done!

We’re getting close girls!!

Post # 7
144 posts
Blushing bee

My 4 month mark is next Wednesday too! It startles me how close we are. 4 MONTHS!?! I remember when I was at 15 months! 4 months is not long! Its so soon! SO much to do!

Things that I have done/have to do:

– Officially booked everything!!! (last things were chair covers and limo done yesterday!)
– Finished creating our invites… just have to wait til after the move to address and send them!
– Pack up for the big move on October 1
– Continue to work on wedding programs
– Finish cootie catchers
– Finalize guest list
– Create signage (guest book, cards, etc)
– Make more decisions for Wedding Music

So pretty much I am DIYing my little heart out. I might be insane. So excited girls!!!

Post # 9
2788 posts
Sugar bee

Oh crapz…I has lots to do…(I can has cheeseburger anyone?)

On the plus side I have the last florist interviews scheduled, am ordering invitations in two weeks and…yup that’s it.

Outstandings: a whole lot according to ‘the knot.’  Gah!

Post # 10
144 posts
Blushing bee

@trugem: Haha. Sorry. Some call them fortune tellers. They are the things you made as a kid. I love them. Still make them out of gum wrappers. So we decided to incorporate them into the wedding. Though we didn’t do what most people do for their wedding cootie catchers.

Here are a few pics:

Martha’s Version

My versions

Post # 12
529 posts
Busy bee

I can’t believe we’re all at the 4 month mark!! It will be here before we know it!! This week I’ve had my “4 Month Meeting” with my reception coordinator and hashed out a bunch of details including food, layout, hotel RSVP cards, drinks, ect. Then we met with some of our party and picked out suits!!

Next is DIY programs, Out of Town guest bags, and engagement photos 🙂

Post # 13
761 posts
Busy bee

Last Sunday I had a big planning party with my mom, grandma and aunt and after had pages of lists and now this week I have had to motivation to get any of it done!! We did book the tickets for my bachelorette in New York so at least one thing was done, but I feel like I need a big cup of get off your ass coffee or something!

Post # 14
664 posts
Busy bee

@bohemianbailie: Bachelorette party in NY sounds like fun! & I completely agree about the get off your ass coffee LOL!

Post # 16
761 posts
Busy bee

I am excited about New York we are lucky and my aunt works for a hotel so our rooms are super duper cheap otherwise we would be doing it local for sure!!

Ok so I am going to put some goals up for next week so maybe it will get me motivated!

1- stamp the return address on all invites

2- have Fiance look at and contact at least two DJ’s

3- Pick out linens for table clothes and napkins (my great aunt and cousin are making them)

The topic ‘4 more months!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors