4 or 6 prongs for a round solitaire

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 2
182 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2018 - Mount Princeton hot springs

I actually prefer the look of the 6 prongs! I have 4 but I just love the way 6 look on this diamond! But I’d just go with whatever you like most! 

Post # 4
647 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

Yes I love the 6 prongs, great choice it’s beautiful!!

Post # 5
399 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

I prefer 6 prong over 4. More secure and I like how it makes it appear more round as well. I have an OEC in a 6 prong!

Post # 6
9439 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2016

I always prefer 6 prongs over 4 for a round stone. Your ring looks beautiful with 6!

Post # 7
85 posts
Worker bee

I love the look of the 6 prongs, and a lower setting sounds more practical too. Congratulations!!! Gorgeous ring 🙂

Post # 8
578 posts
Busy bee

I prefer 6 prongs, as I think 4 prongs makes the stone look square. Congratulations!

Post # 9
46 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2021

Another vote for the 6 prongs.  I like how the 6 prongs make the diamond appear more round than 4 prongs.  Plus more security with 6 prongs.  Congratulations on your engagement and it’s a beautiful ring!

Post # 10
675 posts
Busy bee

6 prongs are v elegant and classic I think. I also prefer lower settings. I would stick!

Congrats Bee!

Post # 11
28 posts
Newbee

I like 4 prongs 

Post # 12
703 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

View original reply
bblorain :  6 prongs looks way better!!! You did the right thing 

Post # 13
384 posts
Helper bee

Love the 6 prongs! But I do have a 6 prong myself.

Post # 14
159 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2021

Visually, I prefer 6-prong rounds but I am a bit biased (a 6-prong round solitaire is my favourite setting).

From a unbiased perspective, it is said that 6-prongs better protect the stone while 4-prongs can let more light in.

Post # 15
282 posts
Helper bee

I prefer 4 prongs, I chose that specifically because I couldn’t decide between a round and cushion cut stone and the 4-prong setting makes it look like it could be either. I also wanted the stone to be visible and the setting to be open from the side, two extra prongs blocks the side view/bottom half of the stone.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors