(Closed) 4 prong or 6 prong? Solitaire ring, I can't decide! Show me yours!

posted 7 years ago in Rings
Post # 61
241 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
TheGridMonster:  oh sweet jebus everytime I see your ring I always freeze and drool lol, amazing ring you lucky ducky 

Post # 62
4113 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
TheGridMonster:  Thank you!! I adore balayage because I suck at highlight upkeep! Its super natural looking and I don’t have to trek to the salon too often.

View original reply
MrsBuesleBee:  Good question.. My husband bought it for me for me without my input (!!) on our wedding day. We set a price limit for our gifts so based on that.. I think its .12. He’s not answering my text right now but I can find out for sure and let you know.

I didn’t even know I wanted a DBTY necklace until I received one! Haha.

Post # 63
2645 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2007

View original reply
Daisylovex3:  I love 6 prongs for round solitaires, my prongs are very delicate so they don’t cover up a huge part of my teeny diamond and I love the rounder look with 6 prongs vs 4. 

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by mrsmay07.
Post # 64
848 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2015

View original reply
MrsBuesleBee:  thank you!  stock setting from James Allen and I love it!

Post # 65
848 posts
Busy bee

This might be my favorite ring thread.  You ladies have GORGEOUS RINGS!!!

Post # 66
36 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I love my 6 prong cathedral setting ring.

Post # 67
8515 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

View original reply
honeybee2014:  Those baguettes are gorgeous. I hope alabamagirl decides to keep her original e-ring that has baguettes like those cuz it’s such a classic-with-a-cherry-on-top look.

Post # 68
4176 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

I have always liked 4 prong but now the 6 prong looks is starting to grow on me a lot more. 

Post # 69
243 posts
Helper bee

Fun diamond horror story for you all. My boss’s wife’s solitare stone fell out at target because one of her four prongs chipped. They never found the stone and insurance didnt cover it because they claimed she wasn’t maintaing the ring or checking it to make sure it was secure.

Thats why I got 6 prongs.

Post # 70
78 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2016 - The Wynn Las Vegas

I’ve always liked 6 prongs, I like the round look it gives it. 4 prongs gives it a squared edges kind of look. 

Post # 71
848 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
TheGridMonster:  thank you thank you.  love yours as well, so classic!  i’m rooting for alabamagirl to keep her engagement ring as is also 🙂

Post # 72
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2016

mine is four. I never was much of a fan of 6 no matter what the ct size. However, I do agree with others that the stability of 6 is reassuring. To me, I wanted four and will just make sure I get it checked out frequently.

Post # 73
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Everyone has such nice diamonds! They all look so big and shiny. I honestly love my 6 prong. I actually work in demolition and if anything ever happened to 1 of the prongs, I feel like the other 5 would hold it in a lot better.  Also, I do like the ’roundness’ of the 6 that everyone else is mentioning.

Post # 74
1245 posts
Bumble bee

I love that most of the time I don’t even notice the prongs when looking top down. And security has never been an issue or concer but my diamond sits flush with the prongs and I guess I can understand how it may be with a larger stone.

Post # 75
727 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2003

View original reply
honeybee2014:  
View original reply
TheGridMonster:  I just realized y’all are talking about me over here! Y’all will be happy to know I am keeping the baguettes! Eventhough I was told today that baguettes are just old fashioned! 

The topic ‘4 prong or 6 prong? Solitaire ring, I can't decide! Show me yours!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors