(Closed) 4 prong or 6 prong? Solitaire ring, I can't decide! Show me yours!

posted 7 years ago in Rings
Post # 93
2233 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

Love my four prong but there are some stunning six prongs on this thread too. Not sure it would make choosing easier for mex if there was still the decision to make! 

Post # 94
15 posts
Newbee

My Christmas present, he did such a good job and I love the 6-prongs 🙂 

I hope my photo loads okay, this is my first post.

Post # 96
507 posts
Busy bee

Personally I have always loved cushion cuts and was torn between that and a RB so a 4 prong was a no brainer. Best of both worlds, sometimes it looks round & sometimes it looks cushion-y s. I’m delighted. Here’s some pics where I feel the shape looks different! 

Post # 97
272 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2016 - State Park

Mine is 4 prongs, but I wish I had a 6 prong ring.

Post # 98
2186 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I thought for sure I posted in this thread, but I guess not.  My stone was originally set in a four prong white gold setting, but I really wanted rose gold and six prongs so I reset it.  I very happy with the reset.

Post # 99
26 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2016

I have 4 prongs.. I love my ring, but I also love the 6 prong look for a larger solitaire. I also had to get work done on them because originally they were too thin and one of the claws already broke..  Unfortunately my wedding band wouldn’t work with 6 prongs but I still absolutely love it

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by kroshka.
Post # 100
342 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2002

I love the look of 4 double claws.  No pic yet as it is still at the jewellers being made!!

Post # 101
118 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
acb123:  curious what is your center carat weight? 

Post # 102
200 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2015

Mine is 4 prong! Never had the problem of it looking square, and in fact since there aren’t prongs all the way around the diamond it seems to let in more light (SPARKLE!!) and allows the illusion for the diamond to appear bigger. 

Post # 104
200 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2015

View original reply
Daisylovex3:  My diamond is 0.65 carats. It was my grandmother’s and my Fiance had it reset!

Post # 105
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 2014

Another 6-prong vote, here! I have always known I wanted 6-prong, not sure how he knew but I’m glad he did!

The topic ‘4 prong or 6 prong? Solitaire ring, I can't decide! Show me yours!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors