(Closed) 4 prong or 6 prong? Solitaire ring, I can't decide! Show me yours!

posted 7 years ago in Rings
Post # 106
342 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2002

View original reply
dpy1227:  Stunning set!!

Post # 107
507 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
Faith123:  just saw this sorry!!! Just a little over .8 in case you’re still interested!!!

Post # 108
916 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

I had a 4 prong setting but my diamond fell out, along with my peace of mind.  Fortunately, I found my diamond (before I was aware that it fell out) in my car.  I change the basket from a 4-prong to a 6-prong.  I love the look, in addition; it’s more secure.  if you are looking for security; go for the 6-prong. 

Post # 109
8291 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

I adore 6 prongs. I just like the way it makes the diamond look (in 4 prong they can appear more square) and it keeps the stone super secure!

Post # 110
3936 posts
Honey bee

Personal preference.

But, having said that, one of my girlfriends has been wearing her 6prong for several years now with only 5 prongs, saying how “she’ll get around to having it repaired”. So, 6prong means you don’t have to place your sparkly into a box until you get around to repairing it. ijs

Post # 111
79 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I’ve ordered a four prong and it’s in transit at the moment – eeek!

Personally, I find the six claws a bit distracting, I tend to find my eye is drawn to all the claws and not the stone itself. I also like the cushion cut so the slightly squarer look of the four will not bother me. Just my personal preference, although all of the rings on here are beautiful!

Post # 112
110 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

Heres a comparison pic of the same stone in both settings. Keep in mind that the 6-prong was a shiny and new reset, the 4-prong was after i had worn it for 18 months. 

1. IMG_90111
Post # 113
29 posts
Newbee

View original reply
TheGridMonster :  where did you get your ring?  what size stone is that?  How wide is your band?  Thank you so much.  Your ring is lovely!

The topic ‘4 prong or 6 prong? Solitaire ring, I can't decide! Show me yours!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors