12248 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

I have 4!

Post # 4
145 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@danielleinfl:  those are cute rings πŸ™‚ i have a 6 prong and i absolutely love it! it makes my ring look rounder as when the 4 prong does not. also though, not all 6 prongs (or 4 prongs) will look like that lol. mine is a 6 prong and it doesn’t look like that. my prongs are thinner and my ring sparkles like no other πŸ˜›

Post # 5
2207 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I love my 6 prong ring! Mainly because it shows how round the stone is and is more secure. My ring is from Moissaniteco.com! 

Post # 6
19 posts
Newbee

I dont have my ring yet, but I like the 4 prong!! When we were looking at rings, all under a carat, the jeweler said this “when your ring is under a carat, the prongs are up to you. If youre doing something that will knock your stone loose in a 4 prong it will most likely also knock it loose in a 6 prong”…. and that sealed the deal for me πŸ™‚ with the bigger stones the 6 prong does add more security, but I love the 4 prong look πŸ™‚

Post # 7
5405 posts
Bee Keeper

OP, I’m sure that’s been helpful, but the prongs on that 6 prong ring are HUGE and not very attractive so your ring would not end up looking like that. The prongs would be much smaller and more attractive. 

Post # 8
1266 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

@BlondeMissMolly:  +1!

I have a 6 prong solitaire RHR and the stone is very visible from all angles.

Post # 10
145 posts
Blushing bee

@danielleinfl:  thank you! mine is a 1.5ct πŸ™‚

Post # 11
5405 posts
Bee Keeper

@danielleinfl:  It’s totally a personal preference! I don’t like 4 prongs because I think it makes a round look square, and I think it makes the stone look smaller somehow. But if that’s what YOU like better, rock it (no pun intended)!

Post # 12
350 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

mine is a 6 prong and i love it. very bold and modern

Post # 13
3028 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I like 4 prong because it shows more of the stone, but consider a 6 prong for a larger stone just in case it becomes loose.  Getting the CZ’s are a great idea, off to check out some CZs.  There are a lot that are pretty identical to the Mossyco ones.

Post # 15
8042 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2013

@danielleinfl:  I’m pretty picky with solitaire settings. I prefer the 6 prong Tiffany setting (the genuine Tiffany from Tiffany’s… not all the similar ones). The prongs are delicate and very pretty.

I like some 4 prong settings too but I’d be worried that I’d lose the diamond or chip it more easily since it’s less secure.

Post # 16
145 posts
Blushing bee

@sleepyhead22:  whoa! shut up! i seriously would have guessed yours to be like 2/2.5! it looks sooo big!!!! <3

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors