(Closed) 4 prongs vs. 6 prongs

posted 7 years ago in Rings
Post # 46
1 posts
Wannabee

Love all the ring photos! All beautiful in their own right. Here is the 4 prong setting I have, from Shane Co.

Post # 47
8 posts
Newbee

View original reply
BeeG35 :  hi! Do you think you can post a side view picture of your ring? It’s so beautiful and I want to see he high it is set. Mine is set way too high and I need to get it reset

Post # 48
8 posts
Newbee

View original reply
echomomm :  hi! Can you please post a picture of your ring from the side? I would like to see how high it is set

Post # 49
130 posts
Blushing bee

I have a four prong but was told by the jeweler that when I go to put the original and much larger diamond back in the setting that it would be safer to change to a 6 prong. 

IMG_2611

Post # 50
83 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

I love my 6-prong! Knowing that I liked the 6-prong look is what led us to select this hexagon halo actually.

Post # 51
70 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

i have a 6 prong (1.3 ct) solitaire, what i always wanted! i think the design of the ring is important because my prongs are thin and dainty and they add to the sparkle plus make it look even bigger and rounder. my stone is also set low to the band for extra security. 

Post # 52
2376 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

View original reply
rj1990 :  ok your ring givrs me life…. what are the specs? it looks classic tiffany ????

Post # 53
70 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
nowmarriedgirl :  thank you so much! i LOVE the classic tiffany look but when we tried them on in store the knife edge band looked too thick for my taste and they sit SO high. my fiance found this one on brilliant earth, it’s the 6 prong petite comfort fit! 1.33ct diamond, D color, VVS1, super ideal cut. it’s a knockout and i love how thin and dainty the band is!

Post # 54
2376 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

View original reply
rj1990 :  i totally agree, the knife edge is eveywhere but they are really thick and sharp looking. (funny that haha)  what mm is your band width? your wedding band looks really nice with it too.

Post # 55
70 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
nowmarriedgirl :  yes i was surprised when i tried it on in person how thick the knife edge band looked! i believe the band of mine is 1.8mm! and thank you! this was just when i was trying on wedding bands and i think this is the one we’re going for 🙂 

Post # 56
14 posts
Newbee

I thought i LOVED the look of a 4 prong solitaire and I HATED the 6 prong. Then I kinda started liking the 6 prong and now I just cant stand the 4 prong settings anymore 😀 (i mean for me, on other people they are nice but ob me they look ridiculous) .oh well how am i supposed to pick a ring 😀

Post # 57
3317 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2021

When choosing my rign, my fiance went with 6 prongs for a couple of reasons. One, the diamond feels a lot more secure than with 4 prongs. Two, with 6 prings you can go with smaller/daintier ones, which just look nicer (IMO).

I’m glad he went with 6.

Post # 58
185 posts
Blushing bee

I have a 4 prong. I prefer how 4 looks over 6 by far. But that being said, if I had gone with a bigger stone I probably would have gotten 6 just for the security. My stone is nice and snug though so I’m beyond happy with mine. 

Post # 59
20 posts
Newbee

View original reply
rj1990 :  I am so happy you posted photos of your ring! It is exactly what I’m looking at from BE! Love it! 

Post # 60
Hostess
9080 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: Dorset, UK

Closing this zombie thread. 

The topic ‘4 prongs vs. 6 prongs’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors