(Closed) 4 registries? Too much? Also, Honeyfund??

posted 11 years ago in Gifts and Registries
Post # 3
493 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

“Macy’s told us that we needed 250 gifts on our registry.”

WHAT?  Mandatory or suggested?

Post # 4
436 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I think the only problem would be that you risk not getting a lot of what you want.  Maybe just pick WS or C&B?  Otherwise, maybe just prepare yourselves for not getting everything…

Post # 5
1119 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

Um, 4 registries seems like a lot – how many guests are you inviting to the wedding?

As for a honeymoon registry, we used Honeyfund and I would recommend it to anyone else thinking of doing a honeymoon registry. It worked great for us.

Post # 6
1580 posts
Bumble bee

I’m limiting myself to 2 registries. I guess my main reasoning is that I don’t want to send people on a wild goose chase in order to be able to get me a gift off my registry. I have a fear that someone will go to a store without checking the website first and that there will be nothing left on the registry (since by registering at multiple places, you are reducing the number of items you are registering for at each place).

We started registries at 4 places, but Macys and C&B are going to get axed because we didn’t register for enough at either place. We really want glasses from C&B, so we will just go buy them after the wedding with some gift money.

Post # 8
246 posts
Helper bee

I’m guessing that Macy’s told you 250 gifts based on the number of guests you told them you were inviting.  They probably based that on one registry… not four.  If that’s the case, you would (if you listened to their advice) go for 250 gifts on all your registries combined. 

Post # 9
4464 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Four does seem like a lot.  I agree with PP that you should maybe pick either Crate and Barrell or Williams Sonoma…

Post # 11
493 posts
Helper bee

Then you don’t NEED that at Macys. They are trying to supersize the business they get from you and masking it as “advice” that they are ultimately going to benefit from. Don’t count gifts at your Macys registry – Pick what you like and need and nothing more. Because ultimately? It’s going to be clutter in your house.

Pick 2 retail stores and the Honeyfund if that’s what you want to do. There’s a lot of reduncancy between WS, Macys and C&B. And you don’t need to over register, if people can’t figure out a registry gift for you, you’ll get cash and you can do whatever you want with that.

Post # 12
18628 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

It really depends on how many guests you are having how much you need to register.  Plus are you having showers and a bachelorette party?  It still might be easier if you narrow it down to only one or two and the honeyfund if you are set on that.

Post # 14
493 posts
Helper bee

When’s the wedding and how big of a guest list (confirmed/invited) do you have at this point?

Ah, you answered it. Three showers… hmm… if you can consolidate into two solid and thorough registries at 2 stores and a Honeyfund, I think that’d be fantastic. Easier for you and easier for your shower hostesses, too.

Print out what your registries are now, sit in front of the computer and see where you can consolidate. WS and Macys are similar, but I know WS has speciality items too. Crate and Barrel does have a lot of everyday kind of items, and also has some electronics as well.

Post # 15
1580 posts
Bumble bee

We’re going with Pottery Barn and Bed Bath and Beyond. I actually haven’t eliminated the others yet, and I’m not sure how to go about it, but I’m sure at least you can delete all the items and not tell anybody about it 🙂

Post # 16
246 posts
Helper bee

@Jacqi – I would recommend actually deleting any registries you don’t plan to use.  My husband & I were invited to one of his relative’s  weddings.  I didn’t know where they were registered at so I did a search through The Knot’s registry search and found over 6 (I lost count) separate registries!!!  As I started scrolling through the registries, I saw the same items over and over on each different registry… towels, sheets, etc.  Looking at the registries left me confused so I decided to go with a gift card and forget the chaos of her multiple registries.  My point?  Just because you don’t advertise your multiple registries doesn’t mean someone won’t find it!

The topic ‘4 registries? Too much? Also, Honeyfund??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors