(Closed) 4 week weight loss plan?

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
5823 posts
Bee Keeper

I have a more important question for you…are you really looking to lose the weight or do you want to lose inches?  Because there is a big difference between the two and how you can achieve it.

Post # 5
1580 posts
Bumble bee

Count calries in and out like it is your job. Calculate how many calories you need to burn in order to lose 2.5 lbs a week, and make sure your meet your daily goals. Stop drinking alcohol or beverages with empty calories. I don’t think the form of exercise matters, just that you burn those calories!

Post # 6
1232 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

The fastest I ever lost weight was when I got my wisdom teeth out! 7lbs in a week! ๐Ÿ™‚
Seriously though, don’t just watch your calories. Look at sodium and fat content. It may have only 100 cals but if it has tons of sodium or fat it wont do you much good to count calories. Also, I really like weight training. It doesn’t have to be a ton of weight training just enough to work your muscles and keep your metabolism going all day. Eating 5 or 6 small meals a day instead of 3 big ones keeps your metabolism going too.

Post # 7
1232 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

and like jacqi said cutting out soda and sweets is huge!

Post # 8
5823 posts
Bee Keeper

Inches are a lot harder to lose, but you can start by trying to pare down your water weight.  Drastically cut your sodium, and take potassium supplements.  Reduce your carbs to bare minimum.  Also, you’ll have to exercise at least one hour per day of strenuous, continuous running/biking/elliptical or some other cardio activity involving your entire body.  I lose 8lbs in a month on a combination diet/exercise program.  I had to look very carefully at my calories, and I had to exercise an hour every night just to get the calorie deficit I needed to lose weight.  I also did meditation, since stress can cause your weight loss to slow or stop.  I should also mention that when I first started to lose weight, I lost 5lbs in a week.  But it was the following weeks that were hard, and I only lost 1lb per week after that for a total of eight pounds.  I was discouraged to see such a drastic change the first week and such slow progress the following weeks, but I lost an entire dress size that month, and that REALLY motivated me to keep going!  I ended up losing 20lbs total.

Post # 9
139 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I would look at eating 5 or 6 very small meals a day. For Lent, I’ve stopped eatting after 6pm and have already lost 6 pounds in a week! I suggest you eat lots of fruit and vegetables, eat salads for lunch, cut back on eatting fast food and don’t eat after 7 pm. In the area of exercise, I would at least exercise for 45 mins to an hour, 4-5 times a week! This combined should get you to your goal! Good Luck!

Post # 10
19 posts
Newbee

ok, i definately agree with what everyone here is saying and I might totally get booed for this, BUT, try the south beach diet.  During the first 2 week phase (which is VERY restrictive, not gonna lie) I lost about 10 pounds.  I did this diet because I’m a total carb addict and I was really grupmy the first 3 days, but after that I felt great.  I lost weight, was never hungry, my hair and skin looked awesome.  And best of all, I didn’t get those carb/sweet cravings when I stopped the “diet”

Post # 12
19 posts
Newbee

so the SBD (south beach diet) has three “phases” the first two are two weeks and not gonna lie- phase one is pretty restrictive.  Basically it’s a carb free half-month (which is why i was so grumpy the first few days while my blood sugar rebalanced itself).  So basically, no bread or carrots, etc.  I did it as a jumpstart, but what I really liked about it (and why i did it) is that I’m not into weighing foods or figuring out points.  Give me a menu or a list of things I CAN eat, and i’m totally good to go.  The book, which you could buy borrow or get at the library, has a 2 week menu for each of the phases as well as a list of things you can eat.  So if the menu has something you don’t want (stear clear of the ricotta “desert” it tastes like crap) like brussel sprouts or whatever,  they give you a list of alternatives.  I first did this a few years ago, so I know that there are websites and stuff that have tons of recepies, etc for hte SBD.  All I really wanted was the sample menu and food alternatives though.  I was never hungry and after my blood sugar regulated, I felt GREAT!  Happy to answer any other questions you have. . . now thinking I should revist phase 1 myself!

Post # 13
79 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

You know, usually when I need to drop some pounds I just eat all raw veggies and throw one meal in a day with lean protien to balance myself out. It’s not really working lately, and I’ve been thinking about trying the SBD. I understand that low carb isn’t always the best way to go for everyone, but I’m willing to try it. Glad to hear from someone who had good luck on it!

Post # 14
406 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Cut your carbs to the Atkins induction level.  You can look it up online.  Do yourself a favor and get some Atkins shakes… chocolate, yum.  Use it as a meal replacement- not an addition to other food.  Meat, eggs and veggies will do it for the next few weeks.  No sugar, no complex carbs like bread, rice, pasta, chips, or simple sugar foods like fruit or lactose… dairy (yogurt high in sugar content).  This really works and obviously is not meant for long term.  But it will flush about 5 pounds of water weight in the first 10 days if you do it right. I have had a lot of success in the past putting clients on this diet for a short period of time.  Best wishes.

Post # 15
2344 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Cutting carbs really works. Drinking tons of water also helps, as well as cutting sodium so you don’t retain water. Diuretic drinks like dandelion tea and cranberry juice also help you lose water weight, which will make your dress fit a little better!

The topic ‘4 week weight loss plan?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors