(Closed) 4 weeks along?

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 2
674 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong, but I think based off your last period you will be 5 weeks on Saturday! Those are some super DARK BFPs!!! Congratulations!

Post # 4
927 posts
Busy bee

Yes, 5 weeks on Saturday. To learn more about how developed your embryo is, there are apps (babycenter for example) that tell you all sorts of stuff relevant to how far along you are. 

Here’s what it says for 5 weeks: 

Deep in your uterus your embryo is growing at a furious pace. At this point, your baby-to-be is about the size of a sesame seed and looks more like a tiny tadpole than a human. He’s now made up of three layers:

• the ectoderm
  • the mesoderm
  • the endoderm

These layers will later form all of your baby’s organs and tissues. 

In the top layer, the ectoderm, the neural tube is starting to develop. Eventually your baby’s brain, spinal cord, nerves and backbone will sprout from here. This ectoderm will also go on to form your baby’s:

• skin
  • hair
  • nails
  • mammary and sweat glands
  • tooth enamel

Your baby’s heart and circulatory system begin to form in the middle layer, or mesoderm. These are developing very quickly. This week, his tiny heart begins to divide into chambers and will start to beat and pump blood. The mesoderm will also form your baby’s:

• muscles
  • cartilage
  • bone
  • subcutaneous (under skin) tissue

The third layer, or endoderm, will form your baby’s:

• lungs
  • intestines
  • urinary system
  • thyroid
  • liver
  • pancreas

In the meantime, early versions of the placenta and umbilical cord are already at work.

Post # 5
1641 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
marissale:  Holy moly those are some dark lines! Doctors measure pregnacy by the first day of your last period since many women are unable to accurately pinpoint the day the conceived. So the first two weeks of pregnancy, you aren’t actually pregnant. I know that sounds kind of odd. You’ll be 5 weeks pregnant on Saturday!

Post # 6
4424 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

View original reply
marissale:  They base how many weeks you are on your last period. So, if your LMP was April 4, you are 5 weeks this weekend. Technically, you were not pregnant (obviously) as you were on your period for part of that and preparing to ovulate. Not many women know their O date, which is why docs go off LMP. My LMP was 3/24 (actually a miscarriage from my first pregnancy). I ovulated April 13, but I still count as 6 weeks, 2 days to my doctor. Good luck! 

Post # 7
927 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
marissale:  Yes, you are right in that you’ve only been pregnant 2 weeks or so. But the doctors and the information you will read count from the first day of your last period, not from conception. 

Oh and, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Post # 9
200 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
marissale:  No when you’re pregnant for 2 weeks it would be more like 4 weeks developed. I know that’s confusing. It really depends on how long your cycles are?

At conception (2 weeks after the beginning of your LMP on a 28 day cycle) you would be concidered 2 weeks pregnant. 

2 weeks later, when most people (again based on a 28 day cycle) find out they missed their period, you would be 4 weeks (or a bit further) pregnant. 

If you use a pregnancy wheel like this one http://www.prokerala.com/health/pregnancy/pregnancy-wheel/?utm_source=prokerala&utm_medium=nav&utm_campaign=sidecontent it might make more sense! Hope that helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 10
927 posts
Busy bee

Yes, it’s confusing but that’s where your baby is at. You’re 5 wks pregnant nearly, and your baby has been developing for nearly 3 weeks ish (that will be confirmed later with an ultrasound). When the app says 5 weeks, it means your pregnancy not since conception. At two weeks the app is just talking about what your body would be doing gearing up for ovulation. If you get the app, you just put in the date of your last period and then you don’t have to worry about it, the app tells you where you’re at. 

Post # 12
2120 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014 - DD born 2015 DS born 2017

Congratulations!!

The topic ‘4 weeks along?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors