(Closed) 4 weeks pregnant and worried…

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
1081 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I always thought my cramps were pretty bad, too.  They “say” you don’t get round ligament pain this early, but my cramps were so severe (and I had implantation bleeding) that I made my doctor see me at 4 weeks 2 days and he wanted to rule out ectopic pregnancy because I was like SERIOUSLY the cramps hurt!!! I had sharp shooty pains/cramps in my right side especially, sometimes on the left, and sometimes it would feel like my period was just going to start (kind of that all over crampy feeling).  They did a pelvic exam and ultrasound at 4 weeks 2 days and they are like everything looks great, you have a nice little gestational sac smack dab in your uterus!  

So hopefully it’s nothing, if you don’t have any spotting I wouldn’t worry too much.  I swear your uterus knows what’s up even from the very beginning and things start growing and stretching down there!  

ETA: I still was pretty crampy until about 7/8 weeks, they seemed to have gotten a little less severe since then, but sometimes it still just hurts down there.  I am 10 weeks 4 days today.  

Post # 4
691 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I mean this in a gentle way, but it is very very early. I’m actually surprised you even know you’re pregnant already! In the early stages of pregnancy every twinge seems like an emergency, but it’s so out of our control. Go for light walks every day or workout, drink lots of water and orange juice, take those prenatals, and try meditating for at least 30 minutes a day. Think calm. What will be will be. Sending dust!

Post # 6
4583 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I’ve never heard of an “agitated” fetus. I didn’t have any cramping during my pregnancy but I did have a ridiculous appetite from early on so that’s pretty normal.

The PP is right, it’s very early and anything can happen. But I wish you the best, hoping for a happy and healthy nine months or you!

Post # 7
869 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Just wanted to send hugs to you!!  

Post # 8
580 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I’ve had cramping pretty much the entire time. I’m 27 weeks now. At 23 weeks I was diagnosed with “irritable uterus” which is probably what has caused most of it.  Also, make sure you are staying hydrated…that can cause cramping as well. 

Post # 9
1401 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I also had such bad cramping that I was sent in for an ectopic scan… Turns out it was twins instead, both nestling in. The pain would sometimes radiate all the way own my leg, so it wasn’t mild. There’s not much you can do right ow except wait and let your doctor know. A scan could save your tube (or even your life) if something is actually wrong, so if you’re persistent about the pain he’ll probably get you in for an early scan. Mind you, at 4 weeks, there’s no way to tell yet if it’s a viable pregnancy. Nothing to see except a sac. 

Post # 10
206 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I have also had really bad cramps since finding out. I’m 8 weeks now, and they seem to have mellowed out a bit, but they would literally make me stop and double over if I was standing. So, so, painful. I never had any bleeding though, and baby is fine! Just keep an eye on your other symptoms, and like a PP said, let your doctor know what you’ve been experiencing. 

Post # 11
1138 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I had fairly significant/noticable cramps from implantation up through week 5 (they seem to have subsided). I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about if your doc said it’s okay. Though I can’t imagine how a fetus the size of a poppy seed is “agitated”… 

Post # 12
1401 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’m 20 weeks and I’ve had cramps my entire pregnancy. I’ve also had round ligament pain as well. I would say make sure that you stay hydrated at all times and if you can lay down. One day when I was cramping really bad I called the doc and they had me drink 32 oz of water in an hour and lay on my right side.

Try to relax. And call your doc if you have concerns.

Good Luck!

Post # 13
2263 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@MrsDTMajor:  I’ll second this. My cramps during the entire first semester were pretty severe. BUT- my doctor said no blood-no problem. I had tiny spotty bleeding throughout but this I was told was normal. I miscarried before this pregnancy and trust me- the cramps and blood I’ve experienced this time around are nothing in comparison to the severe cramping and blood loss I had then. Sounds like a normal pregnancy to me! First trimester was the weirdest for me so far (I’m 24 weeks now). Keeping hydrated and upping the vitamin K really helped me- I’ve kept poweraids on hand all this pregnancy to help with that. 

Best of luck! I’ve learned every pregnancy is different and you may experience weird- out of the blue symptoms you’ve never heard of that are totally normal. I have! Everything from numbness in my leg to itchy rash on my chest and skin pigmentation in one random place on my belly. Oh the joys lol. You never know what you’ll wake up to when you’re pregnant! 

Post # 14
752 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

**hugs** glad the doctor feels like things are going well.  Weird things are happening to your body.

As far as the chicken goes…I have not been able to eat or touch raw chicken my entire pregnancy.  The sight of chicken bones turns my stomach 🙂

Post # 15
10367 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

The fetus is barely a ball of cells at that stage. I don’t understand what can be so “agitated” with a ball of cells. It’s not as though there’s a developed baby thrashing around, you know?

It’s probably just things stretching and your new horomones playing things up. I was also starrrrrrving at this stage. I didn’t yet know I was pregnant, and couldnt understand why I couldn’t make it 3 hours without eating!

Post # 16
540 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I too was getting cramps. Was worried and doctor said it’s normal as long as there’s no spotting or bleeding. Reason for cramps is because stretching uterus, growing. I still get them. They dont last more than 10 mintues. If you’re hungry all the time, that’s good. Fetus grows so fast so eat. If you feel sick eating, make sure you take your prenatal vitamins and drink lots of water so you wont dehydrate. Good luck!

The topic ‘4 weeks pregnant and worried…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors