(Closed) 4 Weeks out from wedding, Flower girl has dyed her hair blue….

posted 3 months ago in Family
Post # 61
760 posts
Busy bee

morybee :  This is a simple fix. Photoshop can do WONDERS. 

Let your SIL parade around her daughter like a smurf. Then when the wedding pix come out, wait for their SHOCK when they see the girl’s hair isn’t blue in the pix. Or, just have a couple of pix of her in black and white (cheaper than full on Photoshop). 

I hope the little girl likes having blue hair because this is borderline child abuse if she ONLY dyed the girl’s hair blue to stir up sh*t.

But seriously, consider the Photoshop option. I have seen photo/graphic artists do some wonders with wedding photos with that like removing unsightly items, changing building colors completely to match/complement the theme, etc.

Post # 63
11970 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

I think it’s irresponsible to permanently dye a 9 year old’s hair. Even if I agreed that immature, impulsive children should have unlimited right to semi permanent body changes in the name of self expression, which I do not, it’s not healthy or recommended. They have much finer hair than adults and reaction to the chemicals can cause worse damage, allergic reaction, and change to texture. 

I disagree with those saying you should compliment the child. I would totally ignore the change and pretend to be oblivious.

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/beauty/hair/a38165/how-young-is-too-young-to-color-hair/

Post # 64
306 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

lol about 10 years ago I dyed my hair fuchia to upset my boyfriend.  Was funny for 3 seconds until I realized I had to live with that colour for weeks.  Really cut off my nose to spite my face 😂😂😂🤗 Luckily, most funky colour dyes only last 3-4 weeks.  

If her hair is still blue in a month and clashes with your wedding colours, just limit the amount of pictures with her in them, and request the photographer to change it with photoshop.

Post # 65
453 posts
Helper bee

keviah12 :  Every public school from where I live has uniforms and that is kindergarten until they graduate.  

O RLY?  You and I live in the same state.  I call bullshit.

Post # 66
1867 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

keviah12 :  same here. Lots of kids are in uniform from aged 5 here 

Post # 67
1123 posts
Bumble bee

OP, I totally understand that this is not about the dyed hair itself but about the behaviour of your future in-laws. Yes, this whole act was just a tactic to try and get a rise out of you and the only tool they had to use was your unfortunate future niece. The poor child is doomed with these women as role models.

I would listen to your partner and have as little to do with them as possible in the future. Jealousy and pettiness go hand in hand.  I have a feeling they are set in their ways and their behaviour is not going to improve. As always, establish boundaries. That being said, do keep in touch with the little girl and be a positive role model in her life. Maybe get your husband to pick her up from the in-laws and the three of you can go out for day trips, picnics etc. Give her an escape from these women.

Post # 68
1504 posts
Bumble bee

The blue hair alone would piss me off. Sorry, not sorry. 

There’s plenty of ways to express one’s self. A 9 yr old doesn’t need a box of hair dye to do it.

Post # 69
352 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

OP, you did perfectly.  Don’t let them see you sweat, don’t let them see you cry.  Just enjoy your fabulous life that they only wish they could obtain.

I think it’s disgusting to permanently dye a 9 year olds hair.  Hair chalk or colored hair spray is one thing, but dye ruins your hair. 

Not only the physical aspect, but kids should be focused on stuff other than drastically changing their appearance.  

Post # 70
805 posts
Busy bee

morybee :  I think you handled it well. If it were me, I would ask the flower girl if she could be my “something blue”. Make lemons into lemonade, and all that. 

Post # 71
729 posts
Busy bee

morybee :  Other than wonderful support PPs gave, just want to say that you might want to ask admin to take out the FSILs names on one of your posts. There has been cases in WB where the posts were linked to the person themselves in the actual world that it actually causes problems for them.

Post # 72
3924 posts
Honey bee

It’s not that @personaperson lacks reading comprehension. But she has shown herself on other threads to lack the ability to empathize with situations that do not mirror her own experiences or beliefs. 

Post # 73
948 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2019 - City, State

hampsterdance :  Call it whatever you want. I didn’t say state did I? I said every public school where I live!! Now look up Springfield Mass public school uniforms if you call bullshit. I have no reason to lie. So Yes REALLY. Now what?????? You got something else????

Post # 75
Hostess
8423 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: Dorset, UK

I am closing this thread. It keeps getting flagged.

The topic ‘4 Weeks out from wedding, Flower girl has dyed her hair blue….’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors