4 Weeks Pregnant and Possible Ectopic. Prayers and Opinions Needed

posted 3 years ago in TTC
Post # 17
577 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Mick26 :  Honestly I would not worry yet. 

Even if you HCG level has doubled appropriately since last week, a sac would still not be visible in the uterus. Usually they can’t see anything until HCG is over 1,000.

Also, my ectopic was clearly visible and my HCG peaked around 500, so I think they would have been able to see *something* more conclusive if it were indeed ectopic. I was also bleeding from 4 weeks until the ectopic was removed via surgery at 8 weeks, so no bleeding is a great sign.

Post # 19
411 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I honestly think you’re okay. I had severe one sided pain and ended up in the ER because the pain was so bad my heart rate was 150. In the end, it was just baby making herself at home. A thickened lining is a good sign that the embryo is in the right place, and before 5 weeks it’s very common to see nothing on the ultrasound. They typically don’t try until levels are between 2-10,000 because before then there’s nothing to see. Your hcg level was spot on for your gestation. Often times early on with an ectopic one Fallopian tube will measure slightly dilated. Praying for an healthy intrauterine pregnancy!

Post # 20
577 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Mick26 :  When they found my ectopic, the nurse left the room and then my doctor called me on my cell phone within 10 minutes. If it were urgent, I am confident they would be addressing it ASAP.

Having been through three losses, I know how hard it is not to worry, but please try not to be too stressed out. I’ll keep you in my thoughs. Let us know when you have an update!

Post # 22
7059 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

Mick26 :  So sorry you’re having to go through this. It’s one of the worst experience ever.

I just suffered an Ectopic myself, 4 weeks ago today. I was 6 weeks and had been having severe pain on my lower left side that whole day on Monday but chalked it up to just random pregnancy pains because I didn’t want to be “that girl” who freaked out over every little feeling. By Tuesday the pain had gotten worse and I was spotting. By Tuesday afternoon the spotting turned into period like bleeding. I went to the ER and they confirmed via ultrasound it was Ectopic. My hCG was only 15, and they treated me with the MTX injection. Within two days my hCG was down to 1. I continued to have pain and heavy bleeding for a few more days and then it tapered off.

My advice is to hope for the best, and plan for the worst. If it ends of being nothing that’s the best possible outcome. If it ends up being Ectopic, you’ve at least had some time to consider this might be the outcome. When I went in for bleeding I had a feeling it might be a miscarriage because it was heavy, but never even considered it could have been Ectopic. I think the reason they aren’t rushing right now is that you’re still early, and there probably isn’t much fear of it bursting in your tube just yet. Trust me, I went into the ER around 2:30pm and it was 8:00pm before they even came in to do the MTX injection….and even still they gave me the option of going home and seeing if it would absorbe naturally but I opted for the injection to be on the safe side.

Post # 25
2401 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

Mick26 :  Literally just went through the same thing. She re ran blood work and I came in at 8 weeks. Mine is in the uterus just where it should be. She did say a lot of women have cysts that form on the ovary that you ovulated from and they produce hormones that help your pregnancy along until the placenta forms. Finger crossed for you. But that sounds exactly like what I was feeling. 

Post # 27
2401 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

Mick26 :  Honestly I felt so much relief after just the 2nd HCG because they can usually tell if there is anything to be concerned about based on the range of the increase. I was in so much pain on one night I was actually starting to cry. And that is NOT normal for me. It was a very bothersome pinch/sting. We got to hear the heartbeat and that was craziness! We’d been trying for 6+ months and I had been told it may be impossible for me to get pregnant so it was just about the point we were starting to lose hope. lol I am sure yours will be just fine as well. Good luck!  

Post # 29
3046 posts
Sugar bee

Mick26 :  Great news! Fingers crossed it continues!

Post # 31
469 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

Mick26 :  So glad you received great news! I’ve been praying for you and will continue to do so! Best wishes! 🙂

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors