(Closed) 4 weeks pregnant, cramping/spotting what's normal?

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 2
1297 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

anon9335:  Spotting can be very normal at this stage of pregnancy. I had more spotting than that between weeks 4 and 5 and I was a mess. My fertility clinic kept telling me that it could be normal as many people bleed, even throughout their entire pregnancy. I’m only 5.5 weeks now but my spotting has mostly stopped which is a relief. It is really scary but let’s just hope you’re one of those that does bleed but everything is ok xox

Post # 3
1325 posts
Bumble bee

It’s quite possibly implantation bleeding. 

I’m a bit further along than you and I’ve had severe cramps like period pains for over a week. My mum says she had the same thing with all 3 of her pregnancies and everything was fine; it’s just the body making room for the baby. 🙂

Post # 4
9094 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

Spotting is pretty common in early pregnancy. Implantation bleeding is not so common, and if you already had a positive pregnancy test, it’s not implantation anyway since it’s already implanted.

I had some spotting early on, my doctor told me brown spotting was good. Bright red spotting was bad. As long as it’s not excessive and it’s not bright red, I wouldn’t worry.

The topic ‘4 weeks pregnant, cramping/spotting what's normal?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors