(Closed) 4 weeks to the wedding and very stressed :( Need to vent

posted 7 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
2815 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Breathe!!  Everything will be ok.  Take one thing at a time and TRY not to stress.  πŸ™‚  Maybe do some yoga to help with the stress.  No one is going to know that your Rumba doesn’t look like the professionals.  They will see two people in love looking awesome on the dance floor!  For your jewelry, go simple so you don’t go crazy.  Good luck to you!!! 

Post # 4
2493 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@winerygirl: Best advice I can give:

1. I understand it is stressful not knowing what your hair will look like, but COMPLIMENTARY is a bride’s best friend! Hopefully next time things will look amazing. If you are really stressed, call them and see if they can move it up to an earlier date.

2.I suggest checking out etsy. I have seriously become the biggest fan since starting to plan. They have amazing handmade jewellery at good prices. Beyond that, because 99% of it is handmade, if you have an idea of what you want and no one sells it, simply find someone who does something similar and they can likely custom make you something.

3. I’m doing the same with shoes, but because I HATE HEELS. I suggest going to the mall and finding some comfy flats or wedges to keep your dress off the floor. In the end, if your dress is long, very few (if anyone) will see your reception shoes, so make them work for YOU.

4. I’m going to say this as nicely as I can… you will never look like a professional dancer unless you ARE a professional dancer. I’m sure you look amazing (from a girl who does the 2-step, I’m really sure you do!). If you are really nervous, tape yourself and have your Bridesmaid or Best Man or mom watch and see what they think. Seriously, I am really impressed by any “real” dancing.

5. To help with the MC, I would write out a VERY detailed itenerary of what you want said and when, like a script. If you need to get to know him/her better, ask if you can meet for coffee and chat about personalities, wedding vision and styles.

Hope that helps a bit! You are so close to the end and you will have a perfect day, even if you are barefoot and dancing the worm πŸ˜›

Post # 5
741 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Ah, I’m with you! I feel like the little things are adding up, and then I catch myself becoming irrational over silly things… like cutting paper in a straight line….

Good luck, definitely take some time to yourself to decompress. I will all come together in the end, I promise πŸ™‚

Post # 7
193 posts
Blushing bee

@winerygirl: What date is your wedding?

Mine is the 4th of Feb. I am ridiculously calm. Which in itself is not normal considering I have anxiety problems. Im hoping this isnt the calm before the storm!

Good luck with everything. Just keep writing notes about what you need to do and go from there. Cross one off at a time and remember its meant to be a bit fun!

The topic ‘4 weeks to the wedding and very stressed :( Need to vent’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors