Post # 1
I thought I was so organised and on top of things but everything is starting to stress me out now:
1. Had my hair and makeup trial on the weekend. Makeup was great, hair was terrible. The salon has offered me a complimentary trial in a couple of weeks time which is great, but I wish I had this crossed off my list already 🙁
2.I picked out big dangly earrings 6 months ago but no longer like them. Went shopping for different earrings yesterday and realised none of them suit me. Now I’ve decided to wear studs and a choker style necklace yet. Which means starting shopping from scratch.
3. I bought gorgeous sparkly shoes. I wore them to our dance lesson last week and realised they’re not that comfy. Now I’m on the hunt for other shoes to change into at the reception for walking around (I’ll still wear the pretty ones for the ceremony and pics).
4. We thought were going so well with our dance lessons, till we googled the rumba and realised that we looked nothing like the people in the videos.
5. A friend was going to be our MC but got cold feet. It’s been a little bit difficult to hire someone, but we’ve now got someone. It’s just another little thing stressing me out.
Post # 3
Breathe!! Everything will be ok. Take one thing at a time and TRY not to stress. 🙂 Maybe do some yoga to help with the stress. No one is going to know that your Rumba doesn’t look like the professionals. They will see two people in love looking awesome on the dance floor! For your jewelry, go simple so you don’t go crazy. Good luck to you!!!
Post # 4
@winerygirl: Best advice I can give:
1. I understand it is stressful not knowing what your hair will look like, but COMPLIMENTARY is a bride’s best friend! Hopefully next time things will look amazing. If you are really stressed, call them and see if they can move it up to an earlier date.
2.I suggest checking out etsy. I have seriously become the biggest fan since starting to plan. They have amazing handmade jewellery at good prices. Beyond that, because 99% of it is handmade, if you have an idea of what you want and no one sells it, simply find someone who does something similar and they can likely custom make you something.
3. I’m doing the same with shoes, but because I HATE HEELS. I suggest going to the mall and finding some comfy flats or wedges to keep your dress off the floor. In the end, if your dress is long, very few (if anyone) will see your reception shoes, so make them work for YOU.
4. I’m going to say this as nicely as I can… you will never look like a professional dancer unless you ARE a professional dancer. I’m sure you look amazing (from a girl who does the 2-step, I’m really sure you do!). If you are really nervous, tape yourself and have your Bridesmaid or Best Man or mom watch and see what they think. Seriously, I am really impressed by any “real” dancing.
5. To help with the MC, I would write out a VERY detailed itenerary of what you want said and when, like a script. If you need to get to know him/her better, ask if you can meet for coffee and chat about personalities, wedding vision and styles.
Hope that helps a bit! You are so close to the end and you will have a perfect day, even if you are barefoot and dancing the worm 😛
Post # 5
Ah, I’m with you! I feel like the little things are adding up, and then I catch myself becoming irrational over silly things… like cutting paper in a straight line….
Good luck, definitely take some time to yourself to decompress. I will all come together in the end, I promise 🙂
Post # 7
@winerygirl: What date is your wedding?
Mine is the 4th of Feb. I am ridiculously calm. Which in itself is not normal considering I have anxiety problems. Im hoping this isnt the calm before the storm!
Good luck with everything. Just keep writing notes about what you need to do and go from there. Cross one off at a time and remember its meant to be a bit fun!
Post # 8
@BoiledPNut: Yoga is great advice, thanks! I’m not sure if I have time to track down a class now, but I might listen to some of those guided meditations on you tube.
@takemyhand: Thanks for being the voice of reason! Reading your reply and re-reading my initial post put things into perspective. “I’m stressed because we didn’t have an MC, but now we have one”?… lol!
@Au Jardin: That’s what I love about wedding bee, the chance to vent to people who know exactly how you feel, and who help put things into perspective for you. Good luck with your wedding planning too 🙂
@samanthajkellie: The 5th. Well done on keeping calm! 🙂 Glad to hear you are on top of your anxiety. Looks like your body knows what you need right now which is fantastic. I’m down under too, let’s hope the rain continues to keep away!
Post # 9
@winerygirl: Where abouts down under? country victoria here
Post # 10
@samanthajkellie: I’ll PM you 😉 I’m a bit paranoid.