(Closed) 4 yr anniversary…still waiting

posted 6 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
10453 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2014

Im still young, we both just turned 24 a few months ago so we don’t have many friends with kids. Just one actually. 

We were together 6 years before we got engaged so I definitely heard a lot of that though! 

Post # 4
443 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Yeah… Now that you mention it…

We’ve just celebrated 6 years together so the “why don’t they just get married” question is on everybody’s mind.

But I’ve found in my circle that my “unengaged”/single friends will just mention engagement and marriage and then drop it but it’s those who are already engaged/married who seem to almost talk bout it non stop and push it and make things very awkward…

Those are the people I want to throw off a cliff… Yell

Post # 6
130 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

We’ve just celebrated 8 years together! 

Everyone has now gone past the ‘wheres the ring’ phase and are now thinking – hurry up! – seriously – my SO’s friends keep joking that SO’s going to go for a record and drag it out til the 10 years mark – I told them i’d kill him!

We’ve got quite a mixed group of friends but all of the ones who are married/engaged have only been together a few years (one couple got engaged after 8 months!).

Post # 7
748 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Well, my fiance proposed to me before anyone else in our circle got engaged. That said, we were together for over four and a half years before the proposal occured so I imagine some people (mainly his Mother who wants us to get married and have babies right away…the baby thing still won’t happen for another few years) were telling him to get on with it. 😛

Post # 9
1326 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

We just had our 4 year in February, and no ring either. Very frustrating. I seem to be getting alot of flack and comments from family and friends once the 4 year mark came and nothing happened. No one really questions him about it, but they really bother me with questioning. I have no answers. This is all in his hands, so it’s frustrating to not have the answers and then it’s upseting to me. Don’t you think I want to be engaged by now? I’m ok until people start talking about when he’s going to pop the question…… I have no clue, leave me alone lol!!!

Post # 11
22 posts
Newbee

I am in the same boat honey! The Boyfriend or Best Friend & I will be together for 4 years in December and I don’t think there will be any sign of a ring since that is still apparently “too soon”. However, I feel as if all of my friends from high school are getting engaged left and right with very short dating timelines in between.I don’t know why I have such a sense of urgency since I know I am going to spend the rest of my life with this man, I think I’m just ready for the elusive title as wife 🙂

Post # 12
56 posts
Worker bee

I am also in the same situation ! Altough I am happy for all my friends who seem to have agreed either to get engaged or married within the same 2 years, I cant feel a bit sad that it is not happening to me. Until last year I was ok with it, but this last year it has been an emotional rollercoaster and I just cant wait for the question to pop up

The topic ‘4 yr anniversary…still waiting’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors