(Closed) 40-30-30

posted 6 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
100 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

It’s percentage of calories – when you see ratios like that it’s actually PROTEIN, FAT, CARBS (PFC) generally. So in your example it would be 40% of calories from protein, 30% from fat, 30% from carbs. If you go to 1percentedge.com/ifcalc and plug in some basic information it’ll generate two pie charts that’ll tell you what the different percentages equal in protein fat and carb GRAMS for however many calories you want to eat in total. That probably sounds confusing, but go there and play around with it, it’ll make sense when you use it. Once you know how many grams of each you’re aiming for, it’s easier to plan meals on whatever calorie tracking site you choose.

Hope this helps!

Post # 4
100 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Well, you can also calculate it out I guess (I’m lazy, also, WAH math!) but here are the breakdowns you specifically mentioned:

1500 calories/day

Protein has 4 calories per gram

Carbs have 4 calories per gram

Fat has 9 calories per gram

40% calories from protein = 1500 x .40 = 600 calories = approx 150g protein per day (600/4)

30% calories from carbs = 1500 x .30 = 450 calories = approx 112.5g carbs per day (450/4)

30% calories from fat = 1500 x .30 = 450 calories = approx 50g fat per day (450/9)

If you ever want to change the total calories you eat, just recalculate your percentages. If you want to change your percentages, recalculate the number of calories that equals for each macro.

Alright, it’s 7:30am here and I’m working my brain too hard (and probably giving more information than you really asked for and/or made things confusing lol)

The topic ‘40-30-30’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors