(Closed) $40 and under awesome gifts!

posted 6 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
595 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

James Bond movies

A book on one of his favorite subjects

Movie tickets & the promise of going to whatever movie he wants (even one you don’t like)

A decent bottle of wine/liquor

Used computer/console game

Obviously not all those things because that would be over $40 but maybe a combo of some of them?

Post # 4
595 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

I’m bumping this because I’m curious what other people might suggest.

Post # 5
374 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I’d do a stocking with all sorts of little goodies that he loves.  His favorite candy, a DVD, maybe a book, a simple date night planned out, gift cards, socks, etc.

Post # 6
Hostess
3000 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

I like the movie ticket idea and letting him pick the movie.  Does he wear watches?  I saw a nice watch case (like a jewelry box for watches) at bed bath and beyond.  It also has a spot to hold cufflings.   $30 and don’t forget your 20% off coupon!  If your guy is a blue collar kinda guy this might not work!

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=40405094&RN=2769&

Post # 7
1676 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

My fiance gets dinner out (usually pizza, which is in that price frame), fun t-shirts from Old Navy, there’s lots of fun stuff on ThinkGeek.com, movies (HMV usually has some older ones in the $5, $10 or $15 section that we don’t have…) 

Post # 8
4154 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

SO is a semi-pro photographer but he rarely prints off any of his photos. We have a large bare wall in our living room so I bought three large matching frames from Ikea.  He has his own opinion on what makes a good photo, so he can fill them.  $15 for the three (so what if they’re not great, it’s about what goes in them).  I also got MIB boxset for just under $40 (he collects boxsets, would have got the Batman one but it was pricier).

Post # 10
1774 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m all about Etsy right now! It depends on their interests, but for geeky gifts I’ve found Mario mushoom-etched shotglasses, Star Wars refrigerator poetry magnets, the super cool Zelda key ring holder and so on. 

Post # 11
1719 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@Baimee:  +1 on the Etsy thing.  They have OOAK items that most places don’t.  Plus, the gift will look like it was worth much more.

– Wallet

– Tie/Bow Tie

– Sweater (I bought the Darling Husband a sweater since he never shops for clothes himself.)

– a Groupon/Living Social/Bloomspot deal for something he likes  (I bought a scuba diving lesson once.) 

Post # 12
69 posts
Worker bee

My Darling Husband is totally into camping and there are a lot of cool gadgets/cookware ~ one of the gifts I got him was a double pie iron you can use to make grilled sandwiches, toast, etc.  Some other ideas, depending on what your FH is into, could be video games, dvd’s, and cologne.  Our first year together I put a gift basket together with some of his favorite things, like candy bars, a cd, and other little odds and ends I thought he’d like, as well as a framed picture of us.  

Post # 13
4951 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

iTunes gift card, pearl snap shirt, bottle of whiskey (he likes the cheap stuff, so $40 would get about 3 bottles haha), Texas Tech t-shirt…

Post # 14
3766 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

With a wedding to pay for Fiance and I set a $20 limit for Christmas this year. He loves smoking a cigar with friends so I bought him a nice travel cigar case for exactly $20.

Post # 15
491 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

FH and I are doing a $50 limit on Christmas gifts this year. Since we are house hunting and he is set on having his man-cave, I got him a framed Walking Dead poster to put into the man cave for when we get the house and then some funny gifts.

It’s his favorite show and I gotta admit, its a pretty cool looking poster. When you have a spending limit, I think that’s when the creativity starts flowing…I just tried to think of something thoughtful

I would start with his main interests and then start thinking of things he probably wouldn’t buy himself.

Good Luck! 🙂

Post # 16
933 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Air freshener for his car & a t-shirt with a funny saying. That’s well under $40.  I guess if I wanted to hit the limit I’d grab a DVD, 6pack of cider & snacks.  (now I’m over the limit)

The topic ‘$40 and under awesome gifts!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors