40 days to the wedding and Mori Lee dress not in!

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
1986 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

If it doesn’t come in on time I would see if you could get a refund- bridal dresses take awhile but 9 months is ridiculous.  In fact- I would talk to the bridal salon now about the possibility of a refund if it does not come in on time.  Also talk to them about buying a sample dress- or go to another salon and ask about sample dresses if you are opposed to David’s.

Post # 4
624 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

OMG this is aweful! I’d go back to the salon and demand some answers. I am also a Mori Lee bride, I order in January and the quoted me April. It arrived 2 weeks later! I was kicking myself for ordering so early.

Post # 5
660 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I JUST got the call 2 days ago that my Mori Lee was in. I ordered her April 11th and got her in Aug 8th.

Post # 6
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Hi

I ordered 2 Mori Lee Bridesmaids dresses on 1st March and they finally arrived last fri 26 weeks later!! We were told 16 weeks originally but the company has such a backlog they are taking alot longer very stressful!! we called the bridal shop everyday for 4 weeks! They arrived with 3 weeks to go thankfully 🙂 Just keep calling everyday and im sure it will arrive in time x x x

Post # 7
9029 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

My dress was mori lee and it came in much earlier than expected.

Post # 8
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I had this same problem with my Mori Lee dress. It was ordered back in December and did not come in until less than a month before the wedding, which is now in less than 2 weeks(also the store didn’t call me tell it was in when it was finally was in).I would keep calling the store and schedule your fitting as soon as your dress is in, if it’s a good store, they should work with you on this. Also, make sure you are not charged rush fees for any alterations, this is not your fault!

Post # 9
131 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Oh no! I am so sorry this is happening. I am a Mori Lee bride too. I ordered my dress in May because I heard Mori Lee dresses can take a very love time to come in. However, my dress came this month (Aug) two months earlier than predcted.

It sounds like there is something wrong. I would stay on top of your bridal salon, and make sure you have something in writing that states that you will not be responsible for any further charges regarding your dress (i.e. rush fees, tailoring, etc.) because this type of delay is unacceptable!

I hope everything resolves itself soon! 

Post # 10
187 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

I ordered my mori lee dress at the beginning of the month and the lady at the salon called me and said it was on its way… I’m sorry ya’ll are having this problem, but dependiing on the alterations, the shop should be able to accommodate you without any extra fees… and if you’re not comfortable with waiting that close to the day to get alterations, I would do what others suggested and demand a refund.. I think its perfectly reasonable to ask for one considering it has taken almost 9 months to NOT get to you!

and you dont have to buy off the rack at davids bridal.. your daughter can go try on samples at any salaon and if she finds one she likes, most places will sell you the sample for a cheaper price.. especially under these circumstances, for that matter you could call the salon ya’ll ordered from and ask them if they would do this for you, since you have no other options (besides a refund!)

Post # 11
643 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

My Mori Lee dress was ordered and in within 3 1/2 months.

I would get a back up plan asap (sorry to not be more positive). I’m sorry you’re having to deal with this!

What dress is it? Perhaps it can be found elsewhere in the size needed? My dress was the on the rack size and I just wanted to buy that one!! Wonder if it can be found somewhere off the rack?

Post # 11
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2017

Hi, I ordered my bridal gown from Mori Lee in May and they told me that the shipping dat is August 8th. I checked with the retailer several times and they said that Mori Lee has shipped my dress but it is not delivered yet. Today is August 20th and it took almost 2 weeks for the postal service to deliver the package. I am stressed of this delay. Any idea is appreciated 🙂

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors