(Closed) 40 Somethings Round up!

posted 6 years ago in 40 Something
Post # 3
948 posts
Busy bee

Ok.  I’ll play but I’m not new here.  LOL. 

1.  Wedding date:  August 1, 2009 – Yes, I’m still here!  Crazy, I know.  But now I’m going to be a bridesmaid in a very good friend’s wedding next year so I’m helping her plan and she is overwhelmed! 

2.   Where are you?  Las Vegas (Henderson), Nevada

3.  What is part of your wedding you are looking forward to the most? I loved the whole thing – it was a quasi-destination wedding at a winery in Temecula, CA so it was wonderful having everyone there for the weekend.

4.  Do you have kids?  Yes, I have a 15 year old daughter from my first marriage.  Unfortunately, her father passed away suddenly last July.  🙁  This is my DH’s first marriage and he does not have any children.

5.  What was the worst fashion statement of the 80’s?  My BIG hair!  Good lord!

Post # 4
1290 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Been around the Bee for a few months but new to 40-somethings!

1. Wedding Date – June 16, 2012
  2. Where are you? – Myrtle Beach, SC
  3. What is part of your wedding you are looking forward to the most? – ALL of it! I am especially looking forward to seeing my Fiance when he sees me, and sharing it all with our friends and family.
  4. Do you have kids?  Want kids?  We have 5! Three his, two mine. They are 24, 24, 17, 15 and 13.  We don’t want any more so that works out!
  5. How can we do a 40 something thread without a throwback to the 80’s question.  What was the worst fashion statement of the 80’s?  Oh my. There are too many to list but I think for ladies, Madonna gloves/accessories and for guys, Jazz shoes. YIKES!

Post # 5
11272 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

fun stuff….

Wedding Date – April 28, 2012
Where are you? – yucatan, mx (wedding in ontario)
What is part of your wedding you are looking forward to the most? – duh? the wedding night!
Do you have kids?  Want kids?  I have one son, 27.
How can we do a 40 something thread without a throwback to the 80’s question.  What was the worst fashion statement of the 80’s?  where to start… all clothing and all hair (for both men and women).   i did a lot of modelling in the late 80’s and just roll my eyes at the thought of those pics.

Post # 6
2100 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

1. Wedding Date – April 12, 2012 – 68 more days
    2. Where are you? – Las Vegas/Henderson NV – Hey mkendrick we are neighbors!
    3. What is part of your wedding you are looking forward to the most?  Oh wow we had to reschedule twice so just the day arriving.  I know it may have bumps and hiccups but we are so excited that we are actually getting married after all we have been through together
    4. Do you have kids?  Want kids?  I have two (14, 17) he has four (4, 8, 18 and 20) we would love to have more in a way but I was told no more after my first and really no more after my second so we have lots of animals instead LOL
    5. How can we do a 40 something thread without a throwback to the 80’s question.  What was the worst fashion statement of the 80’s? The madonna look with lots of plastic jewelry – ouch ouch ouch! oh and Parachute pants – gag me with a spoon

Post # 7
    10 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: December 2013

1. Wedding date: September 28, 2013 which is our 6 year anniversary.  We wanted this year, but too many things were already booked and we had to change the date too many times. 

2. Where are you? East London, South Africa

3. What is part of your wedding you are looking forward to the most? Walking down the aisle to meet my man, then walking back down as his wife.

4. Do you have kids? Yes, I have a son who will be 21 next year (he is walking me down the aisle), another son who will be 12 next year (my darling ring-bearer) and my FH & I have a daughter who will be 4 next year (flower girl who is already talking about “throwing the flowers” lol).

5. What was the worst fashion statement of the 80’s? I agree with all of you about this one.  Just think Joan Collins in Dynasty & that Madonna look eeeeeuuuuuwwww.  rolled down neon socks with huge hair.  someone just kill me now. 

Post # 8
    9687 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2012

I’m new and a forty-something “encore bride” so I’ll play:

Wedding Date – September 22, 2012

North Carolina

Looking forward the most to marrying my best friend and love of my life, hope I don’t cry, I’m planning to wear waterproof mascara, lol.  I feel honored that I’ll be his wife.

We both have one son each, both sons are 20 and in college – we don’t want more kids, we’re big kids ourselves.  Next kids in our family will be the grandbabies and hopefully not too soon on that one.

All of the fashion of the 80’s was pretty bad – big hair, thick mascara, bras as outerwear, too much hairspray, but it was fun as hell!  Omg, shoulder pads were the worst.  And those horrible, boxy long blazers for work, ugh.

Post # 9
    1841 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

• Wedding Date – That’s still up in the air ($#@& exes!!)
    • Where are you? – Frankfort, KY
    • What is part of your wedding you are looking forward to the most? – That moment when the officiant says, “by the power vested in me in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, I now pronounce you husband and wife.”
    • Do you have kids?  Want kids?  I have one, a son almost 21, and he has a daughter, almost 19.
    • How can we do a 40 something thread without a throwback to the 80’s question.  What was the worst fashion statement of the 80’s?  LEG WARMERS!  Does nobody rue the day that leg warmers were a fashion statement?!

Post # 10
    812 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

Hey! I’m 43 and my Fiance is 30, so we get a lot of odd looks and odder questions.

1. Wedding Date – April 6, 2013, subject to change depending on Almanac predictions in August
    2. Where are you? – Atlanta, GA
    3. What is part of your wedding you are looking forward to the most? -My sons giving me away, my daughter being my Maid/Matron of Honor, and my father marrying me and the love of my life.
    4. Do you have kids?  Want kids? I have 3, a 24 year old daughter, a 19 year old son and a 14 year old son. Fiance has none. We are contemplating having my tubal reversed and ttc on our own or adopting a baby.
    5. How can we do a 40 something thread without a throwback to the 80’s question.  What was the worst fashion statement of the 80’s?  I agree, the shoulder pads, the rooster poofy hair, and punk.

Post # 11
    77 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: December 2010

1. Wedding date: September 27, 2013   We wanted this year, we had to change the date too many times. 

2. Where are you? San diego

3. What is part of your wedding you are looking forward to the most?Our vows!

4. Do you have kids? Yes, I have  two  sons

5. What was the worst fashion statement of the 80’s?Big hair and parachute pants.

Post # 12
    44 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: September 2012

Wedding date: 9/22/2012

Where are you?  Chicago, IL

Part of the wedding most looking forward to:  Our vows

Kids?  None for either of us and we don’t plan on having any. 🙂

Worst fashion statement of the 80’s?  Definitely high waisted acid washed jeans/denim jackets. 

Post # 13
    4193 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: July 2012 - Baltimore Museum of Industry

Wedding date: 7/13/12

Where are you?: Baltimore, MD 

What is part of your wedding you are looking forward to the most? The vows. We’re doing an alternative version from our hymnal (United Methodist)- a little more modern, but really speaks to our relationship/what we want from our marriage (inspire, respect, give/receive, speak/listen, encourage)

Kids: I have a cat. 🙂 As far as non-furry kids, we’ll see what life gives us- I’m not going to turn myself into a science experiment to have them, and we’re both open to adoption.

Worst 80s fashion: tie between shoulder pads (adding them for DOUBLE the effect), or the big bangs with a perm. 

Post # 14
    195 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

1. Wedding Date – Friday, August 10, 2012
    2. Where are you? – Lansing, MI
    3. What is part of your wedding you are looking forward to the most? – Hearing the minister say “You may kiss your bride”
    4. Do you have kids?  I have a son, age 13.  He has 2 daughters, age 20 & 10.  We’re going to have the kids walk me down the aisle.
    5. How can we do a 40 something thread without a throwback to the 80’s question.  What was the worst fashion statement of the 80’s?  I agree whole-heartedly with should pads & Madonna fashion.  Just wanted to add one more thing:  Jelly Shoes!  Ugh!!!  I lived in FL in the 80s and those were the worst shoes to wear in high humidity. Cry

Post # 15
    100 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

@Mrs Canuck:  hi there! I work in Frankfort and live in Louisville and I’m also a 40 year old bride! Just thought I’d say hello!

Post # 16
    100 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

1. Wedding Date: 3/1/14

2. Where are you?  Louisville, KY

3. What part of the wedding are you looking forward to most? Seeing my fiancé for the first time when I walk to him to be married.

4. Do you have kids? No

5. Worst 80’s fashion statement? teased hair with pounds of Aqua Net!

The topic ‘40 Somethings Round up!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors