(Closed) 40 somethings – what foundation do you use?

posted 5 years ago in 40 Something
Post # 3
5080 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

I’m 42 and use Bare Minerals

Post # 4
9613 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

44 and use the Ulta mineral line

Post # 6
3244 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

On a daily basis I use CoverGirl’s ultimate finish liquid powder.

For the wedding day I opted for professional makeup, so I’m not sure what type of foundation she used. It did look great though!

Post # 7
1398 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I’m 46. On a daily basis I use Cover Girl Aqua Smoothers, which is actually a tinted moisturizer. It is just enough coverage to even my face out, but isn’t cakey looking at all, and feels very light. Now if I am getting all decked out, and going out on the town I go with Sephora. I use the Sephora photo finish oil free primer first, then use the Sephora balancing liquid foundation, and top it with the sephora mineral powder. Thats what I used for my wedding and a few times since. It looked very good, but definately has a made up look to it, and doesn’t come off until you take it off. 

Post # 8
1398 posts
Bumble bee

@Sunfire:  I LOVE Ulta. Whenever I visit my sister we make a point of going to the Ulta store, together. We always laugh that we look like hookers, by the time we walk out. LOL. 

Post # 10
2845 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@LaughLines:  I use Prescriptives but am going to get airbrush for my wedding day

Post # 11
284 posts
Helper bee

I use Bare Minerals for daily but all advice is NOT to use it for the big day – the light reflection and “shimmer” don’t come out well in photography. Everyone says use very matte makeup for the day. I had a pro apply mine but elsewhere on the bee there are many reccos for MAC. 

Post # 12
9956 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

I’m over 50, and I use L’Oreal’s True Match.  I am a liquid foundation girl, and this is the best product I’ve ever used… and BONUS it is available at your local drugstore a lot cheaper than the more expensive (like half price or less) Designer Lines, but does the job just as well if not better.

Hope this helps,

Post # 13
776 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Posting just so I can come back to this…. 🙂

Post # 14
81 posts
Worker bee

I use Tarte Amazonian Clay Full coverage foundation.  My skin has done a total transformation since I switched to Tarte products 6 months ago & the 1.7 oz tube lasts forever!!

Tarte products don’t contain a bunch of the ‘gross stuff,’ found in most other cosmetic lines-no mineral oil, no parabens, no phthalates, formulated without sodium lauryl sulfate & cruelty fee.  You can try samples at Sephora & Ulta. I find the best prices at QVC.com, item #A216501. I set with Smashbox powder but will switch to a Tarte powder once I’m done using the Smashbox powder that I stocked up on before discovering Tarte Embarassed.  www.tartecosmetics.com 

**I do not work for any company mentioned**

skinvigorating™ ingredients

Amazonian Clay: nature’s most perfect ingredient providing total skin balance

mineral pigments: colors and dyes derived from natural minerals have been know to soothe and soften the skin

vitamin E: natural preservative that also acts as an anti-inflammatory emollient and protects against free radical damage

water: pure water delivers and retains moisture

Post # 15
45 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2018

I use Clinique’s tinted moisterizer. I like how light it is and it just smooths everything out. 

Post # 16
464 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Gabriel organics. I have to blend two shades on the back of my hand, though.

The topic ‘40 somethings – what foundation do you use?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors