40+1….. What worked for you?

posted 2 months ago in Pregnancy
Post # 31
Hostess
9141 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: Dorset, UK

View original reply
imjessjess :  keeping fingers and toes crossed that baby comes before you need to be induced. 

Post # 32
798 posts
Busy bee

No advice about having your babe, I was induced at 41 weeks but I want to tell you that I think it made a major difference in my newborn. She never cried, breastfed really well, was ahead developmentally, and could hold her head up immediately! I totally credit a lot of that to her being cooked for so long. My induction also went super smoothly. I was only in active labor for 4.5 hours and was able to have an unmedicated delivery (other than the pitocin). Good luck momma!!!

Post # 33
1902 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
imjessjess :  mine wasn’t a fun time in the beginning and I think it was not knowing what to expect.  The medicine started at noon and I had to be there at 11. Right before they started the medicine a woman was screaming as she gave birth. The screams are forever burnt in my mind. Due to that I was terrified. Each hour they kept upping the amount they were giving me. By 6pm I was in so much pain. They contractions are forced because of the medicine. I ended up getting the epidural.  (It took an hour because another woman who was screaming was rushed for an emergency c section). After that I was fine! I listened to my body and I had my daughter just after midnight. The doctor kept saying it wouldn’t happen for a few days and she was wrong. She also told me I was a few hours away when she checked me at 1045pm. 5 minutes later I called the nurse in and told her I had the urge to push and guess what it was time. I pushed for an hour and a half and it was exhausting but I didn’t want a c section so I didn’t give up. So make sure you listen to your body. Yes they’re so doctors but it shows they don’t always know. Also if you have a birth plan in mind, it could go completely down the hole and change.

Post # 36
798 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
imjessjess :  I did NOT want to be induced and the stories of successful easy inductions helped me so much right before I was induced because otherwise all I’d heard were horror stories. Totally do whatever you need to do medication wise! Not getting an epidural was important to me so I wanted you to know it’s possible too. 🙂 I labored the 2 hours of active labor in the tub which helped a lot.

I had a super hard time focusing on anything that I would normally like to do (like books or my normal TV shows) after 40 weeks so I ended up watching SUPER trashy reality TV and that helped distract me lol. Sending you all the good prayers and vibes!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors