(Closed) 41, short hair – tiara???

posted 6 years ago in 40 Something
Post # 3
1925 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I always prefer a hair comb or a headband over a tiara.  I have short hair too and I’m going with a hair comb.  I think tiaras can look a little too much over-the-top to me (unless, of course, you actually are a princess).  I think the hair comb or headband also looks more modern to me 🙂

Post # 4
326 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I have long hair and still opted for the hair comb.  I just do not like tiaras – they remind me of little girls playing dress up. 

Post # 5
1257 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

No tiara…please.

Post # 6
699 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I was 43 at the time of our wedding and also have short hair, probably a little shorter than yours. I just went with a few small flowers behind one ear, but it also sounds like my dress was simpler than yours (ie no bling). The headband you’ve bought sounds nice–what don’t you like about it? 

Post # 7
11272 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

@mel801:  i think the comb will be better than a tiara.  i’m not a fan of tiaras personally.  i am 40+ with short hair and i went with a hair clip and short birdcage veil. (see my pic) i loved it.  have you tried a small fascinator with birdcage?

Post # 8
4419 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

Try to attach some pictures. It will be easier to decide if we can see.  I’m not as against a tiara as some of the others are.  What other time in your life do you get to an opportunity to wear one without looking completely ridiculous?  Besides, you’re already playing “dress up” to some extent, because no one wears anything like a wedding gown on a daily basis, so who cares if someone says it looks like “playing dress up.”

Post # 10
11272 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@mel801:thanks.  i know what you mean about trying dresses and veils on.  i didn’t want anything in my hair at first especially a veil but when i tried on the birdcage, it was perfect.  it was so me.  do you have a pic of your hair and hairpieces?

Post # 12
11272 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@mel801: the row above where you type, there is a square to the left of HTML click on that and follow instructions.

Post # 13
1715 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Im not over 40 but do have short hair (shorter than yours). I would say either the headband you’ve bought or a birdcage.

Post # 15
11272 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@mel801:  i would go with the comb.  pull your hair up and put the comb in just above and behind your ear.  have you looked at any hairstyles?  they can do updo’s with your length of hair.

Post # 16
1279 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

The comb is very pretty – my pick!

The topic ‘41, short hair – tiara???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors