(Closed) 4/13/13 wedding date set!

posted 6 years ago in April 2013
Post # 3
568 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

as far the cake goes, I would make sheet cakes and then a smaller “wedding” cake if you dont feel like you can make it. 

Here is a very simple way to make cakes look cute though if you want to try it! I absolutely love it if you can get it down right. Maybe practice for birthdays, engagement party, etc.

http://iambaker.net/rose-cake-tutorial/

as far as music goes, cant you find a way to get electricity to where you are having it and have soft music playing during the reception using an ipod/laptop? I think that would add a lot. Also maybe buy a small bag of fake rose petals to lay across the tables or your isle. cheap way to add a lil extra for the pictures.

Post # 4
568 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

also, cant you have bridesmaids and groomsmen since they pay for their own outfit? you can go more casual. just a thought.

Post # 5
2965 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@stepchild:  I wish I wouldn’t have done a wedding party! I’m mostly stressed out because of these girls that are supposed to be my friends. But since this is the first wedding on my mom’s side of the family, we HAVE to do it the traditional way 🙁

You can use an ipod for music if you have one. Are you doing a cake and punch reception?

Post # 6
312 posts
Helper bee

@stepchild:  We have the same date! ITs so soon!!!

Post # 7
198 posts
Blushing bee

We are getting married 4/13/13 too !  I thought we were doing good until I realized we are at 61 days away !!!  EEK !!!!!  I’m starting to stress a little….. lol….

The topic ‘4/13/13 wedding date set!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors