(Closed) 4/20/13 and still no Dress.

posted 6 years ago in April 2013
Post # 3
Hostess
3369 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I would definitely start looking. As in, I would go this weekend because you may not find the dress your first appointment. 

At this point, are you sure you want to order from DressilyMe? What happens if it’s not exactly what you want? I would go in, and ask to try on a few dresses within your budget. When you find one that you like, ask if they’d be willing to sell you the sample. I did that and it saved me $2,000 AND I got to take it home that day. 

Post # 5
Hostess
3369 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I’m not either. Sweetie, I race motocross. As in, dirtbikes, full face helmets, and mud..every weekend. Haha. I am the FARTHEST thing from girlie. However, this is going to (hopefully) be your ONLY wedding dress. Go all out. Go try on gowns! Tell the consultant that you are open to all styles and see what looks best on you. You’ll be amazed at how putting on that perfect dress makes you feel. <3

Post # 6
4520 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

@Dashlied:  What is it about buying a dress that makes you cringe? Spending so much money? Do you not see yourself in a traditional wedding dress? Something else?

Post # 7
5479 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

@Dashlied:  Just because you’re in the market for a wedding dress doesn’t mean it has to be frilly, foo-foo, and super girly.  There are a MILLION classic, simple, understated gowns out there and you can get one off the rack so you don’t have to worry about ordering one that might not arrive in time. 

If I were you, I’d go ahead and set up an appointment with a salon and just try things on.  Maybe you’ll find a nice, simple gown you truly love and maybe you’ll completely fall head over heels for a big poofy princess ballgown… but you won’t know if you don’t try!

Wear a strapless bra, full-butt undies, and take a bottle of water, a friend/mom/aunt/whatever, and a camera so you can look back through them later before you make your decision.

And have fun, it’s FUN to get pampered and be the center of attention from time to time.  Some of the most fun I had was trying on God-awful dresses just to blow off steam. 

Post # 9
327 posts
Helper bee

just choose something that you like and you feel comfortable in. you can also ask for your friend for help in choosing the right dress. 

Post # 10
37 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@Dashlied…you are afraid he won’t show up?? He asked you to marry him right? You chose the date together right? If you answer in the affirmative, I’d be darned if he doesn’t show up on your wedding day!!! This is a commitment that is for a lifetime, and not aa regular day appointment, so if this is an underlying issue, you may wanna have a talk with your Fiance and iron out those fears you have maybe airing it out will help you make progress. Def you should make an appointment and go and physically try on dresses and try to buy off the rack or at least get a feel for what style suits your body before you purchase online. All the best!!! But get on it, coz it’ll be here before you know it;)

Post # 11
7 posts
Newbee

You’ve got to try them on! 

I ended up with a totally different style than I would have expected.  And just seeing yourself in the dress makes all the difference.  It has to feel right- whether it be a huge ballgown or a simple “beach style” type dress.  You might not find it right away, but trying some on and knowing what doesn’t feel right will help you find what does. 

Post # 12
1239 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@Dashlied:  I think what you are saying is completely normal, thats why the bridal tv shows all say when you have found the dress stop looking.  But it is so hard to do as there is so much choice.  Have you tried on the style dress you think you want?  I have heard sometimes people dont like the dress they thought they would like on, so it would be a good idea to try on some styles even if you end up buying online. 

Post # 13
528 posts
Busy bee

I just went dress shopping this past Saturday and the woman told me that my dress would be available for pick up in 3-5 months. So I would start to try to look now but know that you do have some time, but not much! When you find the one, you will know it. It will take a ton of stress away too. At least it did for me!

Post # 15
37 posts
Newbee

whew!!! Sigh of relief. YAY!!! To dress appointments. Hope it’s fun and it works out for you.

Post # 16
731 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@Dashlied:  Hello, date twin! ๐Ÿ™‚ I hope you find the PERFECT dress for you tomorrow (or rather TODAY boy is it late)! Remember to take pics and show us later!

The topic ‘4/20/13 and still no Dress.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors