(Closed) 4/24/2010

posted 10 years ago in April 2010
Post # 3
67 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

Pick me!!!!  We were aiming for late May, but we are using a chapel at a school, and their "long weekend/spring break" is over the 24th – perfect!  No students on campus, and the grounds will be lovely in April, full of flowers and color.  I also don’t deal well with heat, and in the muggy Mid-Atlantic area that we are in, things can ehat up fairly early in the season!

I didn’t realize that April 24th was Easter in 2011 – eep!  I thought I was clear of Lent and related activities by being so late in April!  Oops!

Post # 5
67 posts
Worker bee

We’re actually planning on taking a cruise (Greece?  Bermuda?  Alaska?  It’s up to the soon-to-be hubby…), but we probably won’t go *right* after the wedding.  I work for a university and I will have a much easier time getting away once the term is over, so we definitely won’t be hitting spring-breakers that way.  Most colleges go on break during the end of March, so if you go during the first week of May you should be fine!  ๐Ÿ™‚  Fingers crossed for you!

Post # 7
67 posts
Worker bee

We’ll see what the Mr. decides.  I’ve never been on a cruise before, but he swears they’re great…  Something new!  How’s the planning coming along?

Post # 9
67 posts
Worker bee

We’re really on the ball here, because my lovely mother is a party planner by trade.  (Well, not strictly speaking – she actually is the Executive Director of a non-profit group, but they host so many fundraisers and galas and events that her office is a party-planning-wonderland.)  I have a venue for both the ceremony and the reception, a DJ, photographer, florist, cake lady, and minister ready to go.  I still have a lot of meetings to get through where we can discuss what the Fiance and I want, but I feel good that so much of it is layed out already!  I’d love to plan 90% of the big day this spring and then relax and forget about it for a few months!

I am so jealous that you;ve gotten a start on your invites!  I am a total paper addict and can’t wait to start cutting, printing, and gluing things together.

Interestingly, my photographer said that she’s has had 3 other couples enquire about 04-24-10 so we have picked a popular date for some reason – at least in my part of the country!  Bizarre – I thought I had picked a date that was outside of the mainstream wedding season!

Post # 11
128 posts
Blushing bee

D.Marie, we decided from the exact same reasons as you did, however we chose April 17th instead ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 13
116 posts
Blushing bee

Hey, I picked April 24,2010 too…I picked that date b/c it’s near our anniversary date….any because off the full moon will be during our honeymoon…

Post # 15
40 posts
Newbee

YAY!!  My date too!!  We picked it because we wanted may… and the place we wanted to book was completely full for next may, so we picked the last weekend in April!  I’m so excited!  We’ve rented a bed and breakfast for the entire weekend!  Its a 68 acre farm with a HUGE barn where we can have the wedding if it rains!  (Crossing my fingers for no rain the whole weekend!!)  I’m glad to see other people have alredy done lots of planning…  Fiance is telling me I"m going to fast… I’ve already booked the place, booked the band, bought the dress, booked the caterer…  etc..  Anyways… congrats to everyone!!  OH and we’re thinking Venice for the honeymoon!!!

Post # 16
14 posts
Newbee

I am getting married April 24th also… cant wait!!! we have less then 300 days to go… how far along is everyone? So far I have a church and a honeymoon… (THE ESSENTIALS LOL) everything else are ideas in my head…

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE!

The topic ‘4/24/2010’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors