(Closed) 45% of guest list is OOTers

posted 6 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
3176 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Are you really concerned with the number? Not everyone will come but I wouldn’t invite people you don’t want there just because you want at least 100 people at your wedding.

Post # 5
2638 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2006

I’d wait a while and see how the RSVPs come back.

Post # 6
3176 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

A large majority of our guests were Out of Town (at least half were 14 hours away). We invited over 250 people and had apx. 110 show up. We had a fairly good idea of who would come and who wouldn’t. A lot were family who had to be invited but we knew wouldn’t come. If you comb through your list are there people you think for sure won’t come? That can help you with your list.

Post # 7
1761 posts
Buzzing bee

We are in the midst of getting RSVPs back, and most of our list is OOTs. We invited about 230 and it looks like we’ll end up with about 130. That being said, only invite who you want–although it’s great if you can invite more people that you were on the fence about!

Post # 8
679 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

About half of our guests are from out of town, and we have 139 on our list right now (that will get an invitation).  We are also hoping for about 95-115.

Post # 9
228 posts
Helper bee

About 80% of our guests were Out of Town (from across the country), so we knew that many people wouldn’t be able to make it.  We ended up inviting about 180 and had 96 at the wedding.  I think your numbers will depend on how far away they are, and how close you are to them (the closer you are, the more likely they’ll make the effort to come out).  We were also worried that we would have too many people for our space, so we sent out an initial (early) round of invitations to 140-150 people, and a second round when we had a better idea of how many people could come.  Only a couple extra people from the second round ended up coming to the wedding.

Post # 10
5093 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2012

About 45% of our list was Out of Town, too – 3% of the list even lived on other continents, and about half of the other Out of Town guests were a plane ride away – and yet we still got an acceptance rate of approximately 66%.

Post # 11
196 posts
Blushing bee

I agree with waiting and sending a second round of invites as you get no’s.  Our guest list is 90% people from out of town. – the closest is about 400 miles and the farthest about 4000 miles. We haven’t sent invites yet, but people have been contacting us based on receiving our Save the Dates and we have 80% of our guest list already confirmed as attending without even sending invites – and everyone else is just “unknown”, not “not attending”.

Post # 12
637 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Have you send out invitations yet?

Can you ask the people that you “have” to (either by choice or not) invite to see if they will come or not?  Like my majority of the relatives are from across the ocean and you have to send out invitation to them regardless.  I will either check with them myself or have parents to check with them to see what the turnouts are going to be. 

That way you have a better idea on who will not come for sure.  Then base on that to see if you have room to invite more people that you would them to come if there is room. 

And you never know how the RSVP going to turn out.  You were expecting 100 maybe 100% will say yes + their +1/family so end up being more than your initial thoughts.

Post # 14
1284 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I can sympathize. If you are aiming for closer to the 125 number I would definitely invite a few more. You should try to go through your list and gauge who will and who will not come. Remember to err on the side of caution… you never know who will show up!

Post # 16
228 posts
Helper bee

We sent out our first round about 3 months before the wedding, with an RSVP date about a month after that.  Our second round was sent out about 6 weeks before the wedding, so we had about 2 weeks between the RSVPs from the first round and sending out the second round.  We had DIY invitations, so we printed seperate RSVP dates for each round.

The topic ‘45% of guest list is OOTers’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors