(Closed) 4.5 weeks and spotting (maybe tmi)

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
1301 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@audry2222:  Hi, I have heard this can be caused by your baby borrowing futher into your lining. Maybe give your doctor a call to ease your mind? 

Fingers crossed for you!!  

Post # 5
1675 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@audry2222:  My doctor reassured me last week that some spotting in early pregnancy is quite normal – especially brown blood, which is old blood. She told me that I should only be worried if I see a considerable amount of bright red blood.

It’s so hard not to be anxious at this point, isn’t it? I wish the next month an a half (I’m 5 weeks today) would just be over already so I could be on the 2nd tri.

Post # 6
1245 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@audry2222:  Congrats on your pregnancy! Brown spotting is usually just old blood leaving your system. They say to only be concerned if it is bright red accompanied by cramping. I would call my doctor just to be safe and reassured 😉

Post # 8
2815 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Just wanted to add my experience. I spotted brown to pink on and off from weeks 5-17. There wasn’t any explaination that the doctors could give me…but in the end, I have a fantastic and healthy Dirty Delete 🙂

Spotting at this time is completely normal. Even some cramping is normal as well, as the egg is implanting deep in to your uterus!

I know it’s hard not to be a nervous wreck, but in most cases, brown spotting at this point is nothing to worry about at all!

Post # 10
154 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

I have had experience with spotting also. I am currently 11w6d, but I had spotting from 7-8weeks. The doctor said that it is completely normal as long as the spotting is brown and you are not soaking a pad.

If you are concerned, I would call the doctor. I’m sure they would be happy to see you just to make sure everything is fine.

Also, just for future reference, you may also have spotting when the doctor examines you. I also had spotting after my 8th week appointment and my 11 week appointment with the doctor due to being examined and having an ultrasound.

The topic ‘4.5 weeks and spotting (maybe tmi)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors