(Closed) $450 for bridal hair & makeup

posted 8 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
1166 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

It’s crazy expensive, but that’s typical for anything bridal. ugh.

I was surprised when my hairdresser of 10 years charged me $165 for my hair and make-up trial, and told me that was with a $50 discount. So there you go – $215 x 2, plus a premium for coming to you the day-of, equals just about $450.

Post # 4
514 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

That might include a huge travel charge…can you get a breakdown?

Post # 6
277 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

well if it includes the trial of both hair and makeup and she’s traveling to you, then it’s actually about right.  I paid around $400 in total in New Hampshire and I went to the Salon.  CHeck what the travel cost is.  that might be what’s driving it up.

Post # 7
2425 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

I paid $75 for a friend to come to my house.  At the salon she works at, I believe they typically charge $150 (including trial).

Post # 8
505 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I paid $135 total for a hair and makeup trial and hair and makeup the day of the wedding.  I did go to the salon, though, so there were no travel expenses for them.  But they did reserve the entire salon for us so it was like getting ready in someone’s house and we had drinks and doughnuts for breakfast while we were getting our hair and makeup done.  I would shop around a little bit more.  I would believe that price were normal if you were in New York City or San Diego or some huge expensive city.

Post # 9
3526 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I have to agree that is crazy expensive.

I paid less than that in NYC.

Post # 10
1882 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

That seems like a lot even by bridal hair standards. Mine was $250 including travel to center city philadelphia. I did also for her valet parking at the hotel I was getting ready in, but that was only $30.

Post # 11
693 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

The women who cuts my hair used to be a co-worker and is a friend.  For her 2 hour drive to our location and doing me plus six bridesmaids hair she said would be $400.

Post # 12
296 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I was just looking at prices for this too, and I found the day of Make up/Mani/pedi and Hair for $300, but this didn’t include trails, the hair trail was $125 and make up was like $100. I just can’t get over how expensive it is! I don’t pay that much to get a Haircut and 2 color partial! Its odd!!

Post # 13
11325 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

Seems a little high to me… My make is $75 for day of AND trial (I go to her studio for the trial, she comes to my hotel for the day of). My hair is going to be like $150 for day of + trial at the salon. 

Post # 14
1537 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

@zebracakes: This is how much the girl in Cancun (she’s an LA stylist) quoted me too. It includes the trial and airbrush makeup (without the trial it’s only $300). I thought it was a little steep. If you’re getting married close to home I would shop around and even ask people if they know anyone who could do it cheaper.

Post # 15
463 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I think it sounds like alot, but its probably the norm.  I paid $200 for my hair (and the trial), AT the salon.  The hairstylist told me if i wanted her on location, she would have to charge double that. 

A friend of mine is paying $450 in a few weeks for her hair and makeup on location, so maybe it is right.  🙁

Post # 16
761 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

I started a thread about this too when I received my first quote which around that same price. After reading everyones response I decided to look around and since I am getting married in January I was able to find someone for $100 trial and $175 day of for both hair and makeup.

The topic ‘$450 for bridal hair & makeup’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors