(Closed) 47 too old to be a "Princess"

posted 4 years ago in 40 Something
Post # 31
1065 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: South Lodge. 2nd of Dec 2017

lawandbeauty53:  you know what they say hunni “third time lucky”. Best of british luck to the both of you.  I raised my daughter on being a princess, as all girls are.  I am a princess or at least thats how I feel at 41.  My fiancé even said when I asked him what made him choose my cut ” a princess for my princess ” .  Our wedding day will scream princess, who has no intention of trying to please anyone, but me and my prince.    Rock it and scream yuck foo to the green eyed monsters ! 

Post # 32
251 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

You wear what you want and totally ROCK it! πŸ˜‰ Congrats!!

Post # 33
6864 posts
Busy Beekeeper

Congratulations!! Be giddy! If there is one thing we older Bees should know by now it’s to grab on to every reason and excuse for joy and celebration that comes our way. Have the wedding you want to have! Anyone who doesn’t like it doesn’t get an invitation!

Post # 35
7642 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

You can be a princess, a queen, or anything else you like. It’s your day (and your fiance’s), do what you want.

Post # 37
3611 posts
Sugar bee

Do you! I’m not “old” yet (28), but am getting a little anxious over turning 30 soon. Then I remind myself that age is nothing but a number, and I’ll still be “me” and can do/wear/be whatever I want at any age (within reason of course, haha). Enjoy your wedding, wear whatever dress you want, and generally just do what makes you happy.

Post # 39
769 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: Saint Domingue

Omg!  Congrats and do whatever you want!!!  It’s so nice to be in my 40s and getting married. When I see some of these younger women getting in battles with parents and bridesmaids and seriously spending time worrying about wedding favors and outrageously priced photo packages that we, more experienced ladies know do not a wonderful  wedding much less marriage make I’m just so glad I’m not that age any more.  I’m so glad I’m truly my own person and I’ve made all the awful mistakes of my twenties (not that I’m not going to make countless more) but they are a different type of mistake.  I’m so glad this wedding is mine and I’m marrying a man I truly love and I’m mature enough to do it and il walking down the aisle for only the two of us.

Now, I will earn you there is some lady on here who likes to pop in with an asinine list from the 1950s of things U.S. women like you and I getting married for the second or more time are NOT allowed, like to be given gifts or walked down the aisle or wear veils, etc, etc.  if she bears her hideous head just ignore her.  She needs to go back to the previous century to her fainting couch.   

Post # 40
769 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: Saint Domingue

FantasticFawn:  Oh, goodness!  Settle down!!  πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰.  I thought it would be something and it wasn’t.  40 wasn’t either.  I think it only is if you allow it to be and I refuse to allow it to be.  

Post # 41
901 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

In my mind, the one good thing about having so many marriages is the chance to have so many weddings. πŸ˜›

Post # 45
2456 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m as old as dirt and you have EVERY right to be “giddy and corny”. And wear a wedding gown. And feel as crazy in love as you did when you were living through your first crush.

Watch “Moonstruck” and enjoy NOW. Tomorrow you’ll be older than you were yesterday, but just by two days. Live for this moment!!!!!

The topic ‘47 too old to be a "Princess"’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors