(Closed) 48% decline rate so far…

posted 7 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 17
Hostess
8570 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2014

Oh, I bet that sucks to see so many declines.. I totally expect MANY declines, probably fi’s entire half of the guest list, as all of them would have to fly, rent a car and then a hotel room. It’s just too expensive.

Post # 18
765 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I WISH my No’s would come back sooner rather than later. So far we’ve had only 2 people decline even though we know it will be more…but I wish they would RSVP already so I can stop stressing!

Post # 20
1035 posts
Bumble bee

Ugh, I feel your pain. We’re at a 53% decline rate right now. We haven’t gotten back ALL of the RSVPs yet, (we get 2 or 3 a day) but it’s still nerve racking.

It’s mostly my FI’s side though, because they would have to travel 5 hours to make it to the wedding, and a lot of them are just friends-of-the-family(his actual family only consists of his mom, 2 brothers, their SOs, and his uncle.) 

I’m hoping most of my family says yes, otherwise I feel like it’s going to be a really awkward event (we’ve invited 62 people total).

Post # 21
132 posts
Blushing bee

We’re expecting a high decline rate as well. A weekday wedding (though its monday of 4th july weekend) and have family in CA, FL, LA, and MA.  Very few guests actually live in CO but its okay because atleast we can say we invited everyone and thus no one could be insulted for not getting an invite.  We invited 200 guests and are thinking we’ll have around 80-100.

Post # 22
271 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

The same thing happened with us…don’t worry, the yes’s will come!  We got a bunch of no’s in the beginning because people had definite commitments and knew that right away.  The yes’s on my side of the family dragged because many of them took for granted they were coming and never bothered to send the card back.

The topic ‘48% decline rate so far…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors