(Closed) …495 days and counting…

posted 7 years ago in August 2012
Post # 3
4653 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@Oregon: First off YAY Another oregon bride!!!!

But The way we are looking at things is reasearching EVERYTHING and trying to book ALL vendors a year out…

And to choose colors and types of decor we sat down and decided on the feel we wanted and then went from there…

Once i finish our time line ill send it to you!

Post # 5
10714 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

437 days for us… glad I’m not the only one counting! I know what you mean about having a lot to do but think of it this way… some people get engaged and decide they want to get married that year 4,5,6 months away… at least you have a lot of time to organize and enjoy the process rather than run run run… 

Post # 6
899 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I have been informed by my SO that if I start counting down the days, there will be trouble! 🙂

Post # 7
2523 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I’m DEFINITELY counting down! 485 days! :))<3

Post # 8
3012 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

The 13th marked 1.5 years for us.  I was like “Say what?!”  But at the same time it seems so far away.  🙁 But I’m doing what I can by purchasing items for DIY projects and saving up.  I can’t wait.  It’s taking too long.

Post # 9
724 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

You definitely have plenty of time! I got engaged on May 1, 2010 and getting married on July 9, 2011. I think that’s a little more than 400 days. It’s been plenty of time for me. I don’t really feel rushed at all. I think people who get married under a year are more stressed out. You will definitely be able to find all your vendors by August and then you just have the fun detail-y stuff to do. I followed the WeddingWire.com timeline and checklist pretty closely and I feel totally on the mark.

And I’m getting married in Oregon so if you want any suggestions on vendors that we’re using, let me know!

Post # 10
113 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@Oregon: Hey there date twin :)!  I have my church, reception venue and photographer booked.  The good photographers go really fast here in Pittsburgh.  I called 2 that were already booked (In September of 2010!) before I found the one that we are actuallly using. I have my color pallette locked in.  I found the guys tuxes and locked in a great price and free tuxes for him and the ring bearers at a bridal show.  I also bought my dress (on Monday!).  My proportions are strange I guess for the wedding industry so I have tried on at least 50 dresses and found nothing that made me feel beautiful.  When I found my dress on  Monday I knew it was The One because for once I looked like a woman instead of a linebacker for the Steelers.

Anyways, now that I found my dress I don’t plan on doing anything else besides pulling inspiration until this August where I will seriously started finding and booking the rest of my vendors.

Happy planning!

Post # 11
236 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@pinkbride2012:  You are definetely on the move! 

My fiancee and I just booked our reception venue…… umm… and that’s about it.

And you are so right about photographers booking extremely fast here.  I mean not even just the photographers but even the venues….. we went to some place (can’t remember the name because we looked at almost all of them) and they were booked for the good months in 2012.  What?????  Are that many people getting married?

Anyway, good luck ladies with the planning.  Oh and continue to COUNTDOWN!!!!!!

Post # 12
9 posts
Newbee

I just got engaged on Sunday, we find out Sunday from our Priest if we get to be date twins (We really want August 18th 2012, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed there are no scheduling conflicts with the church)!

If you get a timeline I would love to see it, some people are telling me its too far away to start doing things and other people say that since its a summer wedding I need to start planning ASAP. I’m just confused as to which decisions come first (after the date of course)…

Post # 13
786 posts
Busy bee

Yeah it does seem a bit unreal how its far away..  But I am taking it gradually and doing a lot of research..  I have my ceremony and reception booked (same with the caterer because I have to use the venues).  Have the photographer booked..  Color scheme picked out.  Meeting with officiants soon to see who will marry us.  Not going wedding dress shopping until August (so it will be a year away) just because I am trying to loose weight now.  Bridal party is picked out..  I use Wedding Wire’s timelime for everything 🙂

Post # 14
786 posts
Busy bee

@Acorn13: I’d say start planning now..  Depending on your area, some things could be booked already for next year.  Since summer is a popular time, especially Saturdays.  When I was looking at venues some were already booked up for 2012 here!  Yikes.  So for me the date came dependant on the venue because originally I wanted the August long weekend but it wasn’t available at my venue I am using.

The topic ‘…495 days and counting…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors